Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: Chris' HMS TIGER (C20) - 1:72 SCALE  (Read 315367 times)

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Chris' HMS TIGER (C20) - 1:72 SCALE
« Reply #1750 on: October 08, 2022, 07:12:38 am »

Chris
What I meant by proportional, was are you using one of the sticks to control the guns? if so that thats proportional as the turre/guns will move as far or fast as you move the stick, like the rudder. if its just on a switch then its not proportional will go flat out one way and same when switch is off.  If i recall that set has 4 proportional and alll the otheres are on/off apart from one which is 3 way. Well you deck would be biiger its a crusier mine is a Frigate  {-) {-) {-)  but my turret is bigger than you 3" {-)

HI Bob yes i am usesing a stick to control my guns  but it at a altering speed as i have all four servo's that two  servo's working my 6 inch gun turret an two working my 3 inch gun turret goin through a slowin down altering  speed  servo morph which i can alter speeds  an all through one channel an  when goin at this speed the gun turrets look very realistic an im very happy with them an could you post a pic of your gun turret with the guns depressed so i can see how much your guns miss the deck by ?
cheers Bob
ATB to you Sir
chrisb

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1751 on: October 08, 2022, 07:20:39 am »

Hey Chris no worries.  As you know my ankle is full of fancy titanium also -I'm only young at mid 40's but my surgeon was a very efficient German guy and I'm sure he knocked in a few extra screws for good measures.  My foot always gives jip this time of year -it's like a barometer but regular as clockwork the past 10 years.  I've had hot water bottles on my foot at night for a few weeks now -it's expected.

....Just seen your other comment with Jen, I'll PM you.

HI Rich SORRY i did not know that you have the same problem as jen with all that metal in your foot  so very sorry to hear you get a lot of pain in the winter like jen is now does it only hurt in the cold  or is it all the time ? summer as well  ?  but not got your pm yet
ATB Sir
chrisb an jen  <:( O0 :((

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1752 on: October 09, 2022, 11:03:55 am »

HI Bob yes i am usesing a stick to control my guns  but it at a altering speed as i have all four servo's that two  servo's working my 6 inch gun turret an two working my 3 inch gun turret goin through a slowin down altering  speed  servo morph which i can alter speeds  an all through one channel an  when goin at this speed the gun turrets look very realistic an im very happy with them an could you post a pic of your gun turret with the guns depressed so i can see how much your guns miss the deck by ?
cheers Bob
ATB to you Sir
chrisb

Here you are Chris, guns at correct depression, would add the gap between the deck is because nothing is firmly attached yet

Bob

I will finish this model

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1753 on: October 09, 2022, 12:28:30 pm »

YES Bob i see what you mean an very good two but im not goin to mess about with my guns anymore as it would mean taken then to bits an im quite happy at how they operate but many thanks for your pics  :-))   ps nice gun turret an guns where did you buy them if you dont mind sayin ?
chrisb

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1754 on: October 09, 2022, 12:52:29 pm »

Thanks Chris, would not expect you to change to much hassles.  Turret and guns (not finished yet loads more detail to add) from Scalewarship, they also supplied the RN tread plate you can see.
hope jen feeling a bit better, trouble is with htis awful disease its good and bad days, hard to live with.

Bob
I will finish this model

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1755 on: October 09, 2022, 01:14:11 pm »

Thanks Chris, would not expect you to change to much hassles.  Turret and guns (not finished yet loads more detail to add) from Scalewarship, they also supplied the RN tread plate you can see.
hope jen feeling a bit better, trouble is with htis awful disease its good and bad days, hard to live with.

Bob

HI Again Bob yes it is to much hassle to alter guns an knowing my luck id proberly mess them up so they would not work at all an i dont want do that as a gent is makin me a gun fire sound an gun flash unit so dont want him to go to all that work for a gun system that dont work so im leaveing them well alone an yes jen is getting good days an bad an feeling sick an she in alot of pain as the cancer is now in her bones an thats proberly why she did such a job on breaking her ankle in three places an the surgion shew us the xray an she has a three inch long screw right through the back of her foot holding all the three broken bones togeather an 2 metal side plates an loads of screws in there it was more like a scrap metal yard an he said it will be nr 2 yrs before it heals up so she can walk on it proberly  so she is not good but she is a fighter an tryin not to let it get her down brave lady she is in my opinion  :-)) O0
ATB Bob an you enjoy your build as have you put it on here yet ? as i havnt seen it
chrisb

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1756 on: October 09, 2022, 02:40:28 pm »

C3PO is building your flash bang isnt he?
No  not on here yet, finding it a struggle to motivate at times and its colder now,  fair weather modeller me :)

Bob
I will finish this model

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1757 on: October 09, 2022, 02:57:25 pm »

C3PO is building your flash bang isnt he?
No  not on here yet, finding it a struggle to motivate at times and its colder now,  fair weather modeller me :)

Bob

HI Bob yes he is an im lookin forward to when it comes so i can fininsh off them guns an i only hope i can understand how to wire it up  but it looks good from what i see on the utube vid an please put your build on here Bob as it would be nice to study a master peice in a build an yes i can understand on how you feel as i may be goin through this sometime but i will post an follow your build if you post it
ATB
chrisb

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1758 on: October 15, 2022, 07:33:01 am »

Hey Chris no worries.  As you know my ankle is full of fancy titanium also -I'm only young at mid 40's but my surgeon was a very efficient German guy and I'm sure he knocked in a few extra screws for good measures.  My foot always gives jip this time of year -it's like a barometer but regular as clockwork the past 10 years.  I've had hot water bottles on my foot at night for a few weeks now -it's expected.

....Just seen your other comment with Jen, I'll PM you.

HI Rich i never got your p/m ?
chrisb

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
  • I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me
« Reply #1759 on: October 16, 2022, 12:21:09 pm »

Finally found a few minutes to spend of this project.

A few tweeks yet to be made - now using the actual sound of HMS Tiger's guns firing...

https://youtube.com/shorts/6fdIZfhSz7k

https://youtube.com/shorts/6fdIZfhSz7k

Regards
C-3PO
I think it's the way I have learnt most of my stuff - getting very stuck first...

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1760 on: October 16, 2022, 01:14:48 pm »

brilliant C-3PO JUST HOW I WANTED IT many thanks Sir when do you think you will send it as i cant wait to rig it into tigers guns as both gun turrets turn lovely now an the guns also elevate brilliant work you have DONE yahhooo
chrisb an jen  :-)) O0 

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1761 on: October 17, 2022, 09:26:15 pm »

Hi Chris,

Tah Dah!! - One gun fire sound & light black box

Don't fall off your seat - Will be in the post tomorrow

Regards
C-3PO
I think it's the way I have learnt most of my stuff - getting very stuck first...

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1762 on: October 17, 2022, 10:14:16 pm »

Hi Chris,

Tah Dah!! - One gun fire sound & light black box

Don't fall off your seat - Will be in the post tomorrow

Regards
C-3PO

WOW WOW C-3PO MANYMANY THANKS im lookin forward to seein it an all your hard work now when it comes ive got to get it workin an find a mounting place for it in the hull oh im pleased wish there were more people like you in the world would be a heck of a lot better place to live in oh im excited
ATB  TO YOU SIR  FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK  MUCH APPRECIAITED an no not fell off my seat but had a heck of a chokin sestion lol
chrisb

Tworrs

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1763 on: October 17, 2022, 11:56:10 pm »

That is excellent C-3PO, a great result for Frogman3.
Garry

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1764 on: October 18, 2022, 08:04:01 am »

That is excellent C-3PO, a great result for Frogman3.
Garry

HI Garry yes C-3PO has done a fantastic job on makein this gun fire sound an gun flash unit
an im lookin forward to working out how to fit it into tiger but from what i see it should go in ok

its that the wirein is goin to be rather long as to start the main power will come from the PDU unit then off up to the knock on switches then back through the hull jiont  on heavy duty wires to the gun fire unit an where im hopein to place the unit it will be directly below the spk so them wires will only be about a foot long + an - to an from the speaker

an then from the gun unit the power for the gun flash will leave the unit an go with wires right down to nr the ships stern   then back up an through the hull jiont again an then to the main plug system that leads to the LED'S in the guns an then back down via the negative an again through the hull jiont to the negative in the gun fire unit

so i think i have  it all covered on the wirein but if not then i may have to fit another plug system in the hull jiont hope not but its doable but i will be doin
some exspermenting with the unit firstly  before i try an fit the unit in the hull but i think that about covers it hope this is understanable to you Garry
ATB to you an hope I/D is comin on ok
chrisb

Tworrs

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1765 on: October 18, 2022, 08:46:38 am »

Yes, I'm sure you have the wiring right Chris, as you say, when you have the unit in hand it will all be a little clearer.
Garry

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1766 on: October 18, 2022, 10:24:51 am »

Yes, I'm sure you have the wiring right Chris, as you say, when you have the unit in hand it will all be a little clearer.
Garry

YES Garry another challange to fit this unit in as i love to get things working on these ships but this tiger has nr as many working features as my nimtz aircraft carrier an boy did that take some working out regards the wireing but it all worked that why it took 7 yrs to build an get it right to sail ok but i hear that nimitz is now up for sale wonder who will have her next ?
 :-))
chrisb

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1767 on: October 19, 2022, 01:15:51 pm »

Hi Chris - hope this helps overcome email issues

Regards
C-3PO

Akira

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1768 on: October 19, 2022, 01:55:47 pm »

C3POA really beautiful piece of work, that gun fire unit. Have you ever thought of making it commercially?
Jonathan

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1769 on: October 19, 2022, 02:04:38 pm »

Hi Chris - hope this helps overcome email issues

Regards
C-3PO

HI C-3PO YES i can now see the wirein dio now many thanks but im gonna rig this up on a bread board set up before i try an fit it in the ship as yes i under stand the unit uses the led negatives wires to switch from one led to another  an you say about only 4 wires wil be needed so those 4 wires are all the led's negatives yes am i right but ive got to have two more wires goin through the hull jiont for + an - from batt an neg return to the unit from the knock on  switches  so it 6 wires  an then what about the postive from the unit as on the dio it looks like the leds can be fed + straight from the knock on swiches if i read the dio correct ? but im only just starting to study this dio so im takin this slow before i power it up an yes i'll make sure it the correct polarity  an what amerage fuse before it to protect the unit ? :-))
chrib

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1770 on: October 19, 2022, 02:08:40 pm »

C3POA really beautiful piece of work, that gun fire unit. Have you ever thought of making it commercially?
Jonathan

HI AKira i think the gent is to busy with his life to do that
chrisb

Akira

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1771 on: October 19, 2022, 05:43:53 pm »

"HI AKira i think the gent is to busy with his life to do that
chrisb"
LOL, yes I would hope so. You chaps across the pond seem to be doing a good job of keeping him busy! :embarrassed: I am envious...Cheers

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1772 on: October 19, 2022, 07:26:01 pm »

"HI AKira i think the gent is to busy with his life to do that
chrisb"
LOL, yes I would hope so. You chaps across the pond seem to be doing a good job of keeping him busy! :embarrassed: I am envious...Cheers

HI AKira well he has done such a good job on my gun unit an i cant wait to fit it into my tiger but there are some bits that have got to be sorted out firstly an im in no hurry
ATB TO YOU SIR
CHRISB

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1773 on: October 24, 2022, 09:42:18 am »

HI ALL well i cant get on on the gun unit as im waiting for a 3 inch water proff mylar speaker
to come an then ive got to cut all the deck to accept the spk an ive also to remove all the fitting around the rear funnell an remove that also an fit in both knock on switches underneath the main 6 inch gun turret  so while ive been waiting i have been busy building another seaking model an it was a cheepy for 50p in a plastic bag from a car boot sale  an part built by someone but they gave up as it was such a bad fit  but i have stuck at it to build it an its a fictional chopper as the decals fell apart when i put them in the water so had to use what i had left over from other kits an its a SAR vershion an may not have been on the ship but i like it as something different   %) :o :embarrassed: O0 an im hopeing to have it fitted on at an angle on the flight deck as its 20 inches long an slidein door open here
chrisb
https://ibb.co/R7BGXRY

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1774 on: October 24, 2022, 09:43:49 am »

an closed here as the door slid good in its runners
https://ibb.co/bmvH6bz

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.