Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: Chris' HMS TIGER (C20) - 1:72 SCALE  (Read 309774 times)

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: BOATMANS HMS TIGER C20 SCRATCHBUILD IN 1/72 SCALE
« Reply #1150 on: November 17, 2021, 07:49:43 am »

HI ALL WELL ive been ill for a wk or so but im now back an made a start on fitting some eletronics in the hull as i need to see whats gonna go where an ive got to make up a glass cover to fit over the eletrics so no dampness from the steam unit will get into them
https://ibb.co/jMcQGcy

will post more when i get that far
chris  :-))

T888

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1151 on: November 17, 2021, 08:08:17 am »

Good to hear your OK Chris  :-))
Regards David

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1152 on: November 17, 2021, 08:18:25 am »

Good to hear your OK Chris  :-))

THANKS Dave as its been a wk of hell >>:-( [size=78%] but i think ive got the better of this bug [/size] <*< [size=78%]an i now feel like working on tiger as i cant wait to get back to this build as im at my fav stage of fitting in the eletronics an my head is bursting with ideas so onward an upwards hope you are well  also  Dave [/size]
ATB chris  :-))

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1153 on: November 17, 2021, 11:31:45 am »

Hi Chris;

Anyhow I have felt relieved to read your post.!! O0
But please don't be careless to the bug until you fully recover from the sickness for your Tiger and a good wife as well.!!! :-))

Kiyo

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1154 on: November 17, 2021, 12:43:05 pm »

Hi Chris;

Anyhow I have felt relieved to read your post.!! O0
But please don't be careless to the bug until you fully recover from the sickness for your Tiger and a good wife as well.!!! :-))

Kiyo
HI Kiyo  nice to hear from you an thank you for your concern over my health an no im not hurrying back to the tiger build yet as today im just resting an having just dry toast to eat so that bug wont have nothing to work on in me an we hope you are well also Sir an my wife jen says helo to you an your family
an hope you are havin fun doin your modeling which i have dearly missed all last week an i hope to make a proper start back on tiger on friday as got to go to hospital tomorrow to have my eyes exsaminded as i have a tiny catarak on my left eye so maybe an eye op soon for me as im getting old as near 70 yrs old an yes i feel it lol
best wishes to you Sir
chris an jen

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1155 on: November 17, 2021, 02:03:29 pm »

Hi Chris;
Oh,you Too?cataract...?
I already had a surgery of cataract for both eyes just a year ago and the eyes have been working very well since then reaching a vision of 1.2 with eye glasses.The operation time for each eye was around 5 minutes or so net. No scary nor pain.!
My wife is supposed to have the surgery next March,who is nearly the same age as you.
I also have to go to my doctor tomorrow to receive regular checking of the present conditions.
I will go to bed now,good night sir!

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1156 on: November 17, 2021, 03:44:41 pm »

Hi Chris;
Oh,you Too?cataract...?
I already had a surgery of cataract for both eyes just a year ago and the eyes have been working very well since then reaching a vision of 1.2 with eye glasses.The operation time for each eye was around 5 minutes or so net. No scary nor pain.!
My wife is supposed to have the surgery next March,who is nearly the same age as you.
I also have to go to my doctor tomorrow to receive regular checking of the present conditions.

GOOD NIGHT Kyio i have a chat to you on friday  as im goin to be busy tomorrow
chris

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1157 on: November 18, 2021, 07:35:22 pm »

Hi Chris;
Oh,you Too?cataract...?

HI AGAIN Kiyoshi well on your eye op did they fit in new lens ? as thats what i have to have done when i have my eyes op maybe in a year or so as just been to hosital today
[/size]CHRIS 

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1158 on: November 19, 2021, 06:00:35 am »

Hi Chris;

Yes,my both eyes have been replaced with artificial lenses by which I don't need eye glasses normally in a daily life except on a driving a car at night in a rain at strange places.I addition,cost to bear directly at my side was so inexpensive beyond my previous expectation due to health insurance. :-))

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1159 on: November 19, 2021, 04:15:10 pm »

Hi Chris;

Yes,my both eyes have been replaced with artificial lenses by which I don't need eye glasses normally in a daily life except on a driving a car at night in a rain at strange places.I addition,cost to bear directly at my side was so inexpensive beyond my previous expectation due to health insurance. :-))
HI  [/size]Kiyoshi  GLAD YOU HAVE HAD YOU EYES DONE WITH LENS LIKE IVE GOT TO HAVE WAS IT PAINFULL TO HAVE DONE AN WAS IT PAINFULL DAY AFTER YOU HAD YOUR OP ?  AS IM NOT THE BRAVEST PERSON [/font]CHRIS [/font]

Dave_S.

• Full Mayhemer
  • Member of Oxford Model Boat Club
« Reply #1160 on: November 19, 2021, 08:23:24 pm »

I had my right eye done two weeks ago - no pain, no bother, took about 20 minutes (after a 4 hour wait). I could see much better instantly, the vision improved over the next couple of days and is as good as my other eye now. The day after the operation I was able to drive.
Ruining perfectly good kits since 1969.

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #1161 on: November 19, 2021, 10:45:47 pm »

Medicine today is so advanced! To think that they could do them a couple hundred years ago, but without pain relief or dissolving sutures, so you had to lie still for a fortnight while they healed and avoided sneezing or coughing so the eyes didn't burst  %% 

So Chris, I reckon you really work for NASA given the sheer amount of wiring you have been doing of late. The Shuttle likely had a smaller loom  :}  Great and tidy work matey.
Pond weed is your enemy

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1162 on: November 20, 2021, 03:12:47 am »

Hi Chris;

Don't worry so much !!!!
In my case,pure operation time was about 5 or so minutes while and because I was unable to see clearly(very vague) as both eyes had been covered with something like wet paper tissue.Some kind of motions of the doctor's hand could be distinguished to some extent,therefore I understood he was operating my eyes though it's not painful at all due to the effect of anesthesia.
A nurse dropped the anesthesia a bit onto my eyes around 30 minutes before operating.
A doctor and a nurse were waiting in a very tiny operating room and I sat on a reclining chair,and the operation began shortly.
No pain at AAALLL while 5 minutes even after the operation,next day eye guard cover was take off by the doctor followed by simple check. At the same time I could recover VERY CLEAR vision right away surprisingly though a certain restrictions were indicated by the doctor like not to take a bath for some day,not to wash my face,not to drink alcohol,etc by the list.
A week or so later,the eye was nearly good conditions on the operated part which was the very center of the eye.
According to the doctor,2mm or 3mm of the central part was operated.
I suppose and expect you may have been relieved by the above. :-)) O0 {-)

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1163 on: November 20, 2021, 08:46:27 am »

Hi Chris;

Don't worry so much !!!!
In my case,pure operation time was about 5 or so minutes while and because I was unable to see clearly(very vague) as both eyes had been covered with something like wet paper tissue.Some kind of motions of the doctor's hand could be distinguished to some extent,therefore I understood he was operating my eyes though it's not painful at all due to the effect of anesthesia.
A nurse dropped the anesthesia a bit onto my eyes around 30 minutes before operating.
A doctor and a nurse were waiting in a very tiny operating room and I sat on a reclining chair,and the operation began shortly.
No pain at AAALLL while 5 minutes even after the operation,next day eye guard cover was take off by the doctor followed by simple check. At the same time I could recover VERY CLEAR vision right away surprisingly though a certain restrictions were indicated by the doctor like not to take a bath for some day,not to wash my face,not to drink alcohol,etc by the list.
A week or so later,the eye was nearly good conditions on the operated part which was the very center of the eye.
According to the doctor,2mm or 3mm of the central part was operated.
I suppose and expect you may have been relieved by the above. :-)) O0 {-)

HI Kyio MANY THANKS FOR YOU reasurrance  an its now a great weight off my mind so i can conentrate on my tiger as im now trying to build them cam switches X2
[/size]best wishes to you sir
[/size]chris an jen

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1164 on: November 20, 2021, 08:51:25 am »

Medicine today is so advanced! To think that they could do them a couple hundred years ago, but without pain relief or dissolving sutures, so you had to lie still for a fortnight while they healed and avoided sneezing or coughing so the eyes didn't burst  %% 

So Chris, I reckon you really work for NASA given the sheer amount of wiring you have been doing of late. The Shuttle likely had a smaller loom  :}  Great and tidy work matey.
HI work for NASA dont i wish  as yes there are a few wires but more to come yet as i love doin wirein
chris

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1165 on: November 20, 2021, 09:23:32 am »

HI ALL well im back on my tiger build  an next  in the steps as ive now fitted in the front servo an pushrods to work front stabilizers ive now got to build the cam switch which will work up to 5 things on the ship but on tiger i need to make X2 an it the big red cam as at the moment its still in in the pic in my hms norfolk type 23 frigate F230 so i designed it to just unplug an unscrew an lift out of the hull so thats what im now goin to do shot of the red cam switch
https://ibb.co/8shC7vx

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1166 on: November 20, 2021, 09:29:45 am »

an its all ok an came out perfectly so i can copy it as it was built by me 5 yrs ago an i could not rememeber how i done it so now its out i can study it to copy it X2 for my tiger an here side veiw fitted with a full size servo but im hopun to use two micro servos on the new ones just got to see if they will give enough servo throw lenght
https://ibb.co/NYcFvVM

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1167 on: November 20, 2021, 09:32:43 am »

AN TOP VEIW an the multi plug can be seen here an now to start the build of it but will have to have jens help as this is a situaion where i need three hands
chris
https://ibb.co/cLc7Py2

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1168 on: November 20, 2021, 11:38:15 am »

I had macular holes repaired and boy do you have to sit still for  several weeks, due to the gas injected into the eyes, fully healed and discharged, but then had to fight DVLA to retian my staus as normal driver and not one with a medical condition, in the end my conslultans launched at them and they backed down, so now got my D1 back, amazing the repairs they can do, she allso did cataracts at same time, to save having to come back, liuckily full knoced out for it.

I will finish this model

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1169 on: November 20, 2021, 11:41:42 am »

AN TOP VEIW an the multi plug can be seen here an now to start the build of it but will have to have jens help as this is a situaion where i need three hands
chris
https://ibb.co/cLc7Py2
Chris have you considered a multi switcher electronic unit for those functions, easily worked from you RC set that you have.

Bob
I will finish this model

T888

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1170 on: November 20, 2021, 12:47:08 pm »

Hi Chris,
Nice to see you back at modelling.

FYI I use this 8way switching unit on Roosevelt, Antrim and Britannic. Its used to switch lights, radar, helo and other bits.It very easy to setup and you can have each switch other latching or not.
Regards David

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1171 on: November 21, 2021, 10:08:13 am »

HI Dave that 8way switcher unit from forge eletronics looks a handy item but to get it to work from R/C  do you have to use the main sticks on your R/C ? an can the items that work from it can they be made to work individagabley or all on at on togeather an how much as this is a better idea then my cam switch i think
chris  :-))

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1172 on: November 21, 2021, 10:22:07 am »

Chris have you considered a multi switcher electronic unit for those functions, easily worked from you RC set that you have.

Bob

AN HI Bob yes i have consiidered an multi switcher unit but the one i was looking at you had to work the switcher from the R/C sticks back an fourth an as you switched on one unit it swiched another off an that i dont want as i want everyhing on if i want not just some thats why ive gone for my cam switcher idea as with this idea i can have just a few thing goin or all an i dont have to touch my R/C sticks at all as its done through the knobs on the R/C T/X
hope you both as best as can be
ATB chris

T888

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1173 on: November 21, 2021, 11:17:52 am »

Hi Chris,
Yes I use one of the sticks to operate the 8 way unit. But because it latches I can still use that stick for other operations.
Regards David

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1174 on: November 21, 2021, 12:15:23 pm »

Hi Chris,
Yes I use one of the sticks to operate the 8 way unit. But because it latches I can still use that stick for other operations.

OH well Dave if you got to use the sticks then not for me i think i'll stick with my cam switch idea an as im makin 2 it will give me 10 things to work from the knobs on my T/X so each to his own but thank you for showing me very good of you cheers
ATB chris  :-))

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 23 queries.