Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: Chris' HMS TIGER (C20) - 1:72 SCALE  (Read 309634 times)

T888

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Chris' HMS TIGER (C20) - 1:72 SCALE
« Reply #1200 on: November 28, 2021, 12:54:58 pm »

Correct Chris.
Regards David

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #1201 on: November 28, 2021, 06:05:31 pm »

thanks for that Dave cheers
chris  :-))

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #1202 on: November 30, 2021, 09:08:14 pm »

Looking forward to seeing you on the other side of the wiring marathon. Good luck  :-))
Pond weed is your enemy

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1203 on: November 30, 2021, 09:22:35 pm »

Looking forward to seeing you on the other side of the wiring marathon. Good luck  :-))
[/quote)

HI [size=78%]ballastanksian  youre not the only one either as ive got a fair idea of what wires will go where but as ive numbered them it should be quite easy but the main problem is just remembering what ive got to get working an hope i have enough channels to work everthing hopefully i will have more than enough but to morrow im gonna have to write out a list of whats gonna work an i had a lot more hair when i started this build lol but it will come just got to concentrate on whats what an take my time but i only hope i can get the wireing done before they call me into hospital as i have to have eye op an have new lences fitted an not looking forward to that but better than being blind [/size]
[size=78%]chris [/size] :-))

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #1204 on: December 01, 2021, 06:30:15 pm »

Good luck with the 'Mince Pies'. Wishing you a speedy recovery to shipbuilding status.
Pond weed is your enemy

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1205 on: December 01, 2021, 06:40:46 pm »

Good luck with the 'Mince Pies'. Wishing you a speedy recovery to shipbuilding status.

CHEERS [size=78%]ballastanksian AN YES i hope my mince pices or eyes turn out ok as ive gone to town today on this wirein an its taken my 7 hrs to wirein the hanger bay an thats 12 wires into 3  mini plugs with 4 wires each  but the time just flys by so fast had a shock when jen bought me up a cuppa an some bicceis so more tomorrow [/size]
[size=78%]thanks for your nice comments [/size] :-))
chris

T888

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1206 on: December 02, 2021, 06:56:03 am »

Keep with it Chris, when I built my HMS Clyde back in 2013-14 I put about 25meter of wiring in her. Tiger must be well past that now ? :-))
Regards David

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1207 on: December 02, 2021, 07:07:29 am »

Keep with it Chris, when I built my HMS Clyde back in 2013-14 I put about 25meter of wiring in her. Tiger must be well past that now ? :-))
G/M Dave yes im stickin in on the build an wirein an yes there is a fair amount of wirein but still a bit more to go in as i want plenty of things working an ive made a start in the stern section on the hanger bay doors open an closeing an the flood light leds as these were the easyist to wire up for a start as i want to get in some practice before that bow section as thats gonna be the killer an i will have to think things through at that end as some wires will be doubled up so it will work things in the stern stern section but steady as she goes on the wireing a try it out before movin to the next lot of wires
ATB Dave
chris  :-))

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1208 on: December 04, 2021, 09:32:10 pm »

HI ALL well operation wirein is not goin well as i can safely say that all the wirein i have fitted in the front section is correct so farbut the accessory's coloured ribbion wires have let me down as they are quite thin only about 4 strand wire an so far 3 have failed  <:( <*< <*< [size=78%]as they are quite fragile so that main hull jiont plug has to come out an be scrapped an also ive did some more tests with the circut tester an to my amazement ive found out ive made a b*lls up [/size] >>:-( <*< [size=78%]as these mini plugs can only fit one way round as i wired them up in the same order as the front an again to my amazement this is wrong as they should have been wired in revese of what ive done as when i fit the mini plugs in they all wires come up in the wrong order lord knows how i made this mistake but they will all have to come out an be scrapped[/size]
SO its now one step forward an two steps back but its just as well i did the testing or i might have damaged the R/X an thats 40 pounds worth so thats something gone right but as lately i have not been in a good frame of mind but i cant set about putting things right untill i get a new 44 pin male D-connector to solder all the new wires in so tiger is on hold untill it comes an myself i think what a plonker to have done this but i must admit ive never used these mini plugs before as i used chock block connenters in all my other ships but in my eyes no exsuce but it will all get sorted just gonna take a lot more time
chris the plonker lol >>:-( <*< <:(
https://ibb.co/cgXDRjf

T888

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1209 on: December 05, 2021, 10:14:29 am »

Sorry the hear this, hope you get it sorted out with min cost and rework :-))
Regards David

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1210 on: December 05, 2021, 10:38:17 am »

thinking back to our email Chris, I am glad its not just me with wiring problems, although nearly all done and she looks great, once the distribution board is in will post pictures.
Take a deep breath and think, the car, your illness now this thats Decembers block of three out of the way.
Bob
I will finish this model

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1211 on: December 05, 2021, 06:18:38 pm »

Sorry the hear this, hope you get it sorted out with min cost and rework :-))
CHEERS Dave  :-))
chris

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1212 on: December 05, 2021, 06:24:05 pm »

thinking back to our email Chris, I am glad its not just me with wiring problems, although nearly all done and she looks great, once the distribution board is in will post pictures.
Take a deep breath and think, the car, your illness now this thats Decembers block of three out of the way.
Bob
HI Bob  yes they say things come in three's  an looking forward to seeing your ship with the pdb in an hope to sort out my wireing prob soon
chris :-)) [size=78%] [/size]

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1213 on: December 06, 2021, 09:18:01 pm »

HI GUYS well just a little up date on doin the wirein well i thought its goin great as ive so far been working in the bow section an wired up the nav lights an the white mast running or steamin light which ever well i was on a roll today only to be again let down by some new plugs an sockests wel i found that after soldering on the wires for the above that when i tried to seperate the plug they just fell apart why must things be made of cr*p nowa days Aaaaaaaacccccchhhhhh[/size]
THE PLUG an socket
https://ibb.co/1d9KzrP[/size]

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1214 on: December 06, 2021, 09:19:51 pm »

AN the nav light an mast white running lights an yes they are bright as i want them to show up in daylight
https://ibb.co/Xp6TqqD

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1215 on: December 06, 2021, 09:22:44 pm »

an i tried to super glue the plug to together but now it wont fit so in the morning
i will have to cut this off an refit my old style plugs an sockets
https://ibb.co/pJMCN59

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1216 on: December 06, 2021, 09:25:18 pm »

anyone know where i can get more of these ? as im running short of them
https://ibb.co/8BsKL0Y  an they are called modular connecters <:(
chris

T888

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1217 on: December 06, 2021, 10:10:46 pm »

Chris,

Any good [size=78%]https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183516399412[/size]
Regards David

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1218 on: December 06, 2021, 11:42:12 pm »

Trey these Chris, all screw connections and very strong

Bob
I will finish this model

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1219 on: December 07, 2021, 10:23:07 am »

Chris,

Any good [size=78%]https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183516399412[/size]

HI Dave these are spot on what i wanted many thanks :-))  for finding them an ive now ordered some  male  an female connectors
cheers you have done your good deed for the day an you can pat yourself on the back lol 
chris ps hopefully when these come i can get this wireing off to a good start as these are very handy to fit in if you want to be able to remove the said unit's

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1220 on: December 07, 2021, 10:28:51 am »

HI Bob  many thanks to you also for finding these connectors up but ive seen these an the are a bit to big for my perpose  but cheers all the same all best to you an hope your wireing is goin better than mine lol
chris

Trey these Chris, all screw connections and very strong

Bob

T888

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1221 on: December 07, 2021, 11:45:16 am »

That’s Ok Chris, more than happy to help you out, I know you sometime have issue with your PC. :-)) :-))
Regards David

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1222 on: December 07, 2021, 06:20:46 pm »

HI ALL well i cut off the ole crap plug an into the bin with it an useing the plug sockets in pic that dave has found as i had a few to use  i have today managed to get working

no.1 nav lights an white running mast lights

no.2 bridge lights

no. 3 6 x 2mm red anti collishin leds on front mast

no. 4 front mast twin radars all goin

no. 5 cant do this till i rewire the stern section but it will be the rear main radars
an that the first cam switch  used up so all other things that will work will go on the other cam switch

so some good news at last an tomorrow i will spend time fittting on the wires cable ties to get the wireing all nice an neat an fit in a small chock block connector to take all the reaturn negative wires so hope fully im back on track

ATB chris

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1223 on: December 09, 2021, 06:44:20 am »

HI GUYS yes the wirein as been  a right  PITA but im back on track for the bow section anyway useing my old plugs ive just jury rigged all the main bridge section so every thing works on that from R/C T/X so im pleased an today i will wire it in better but first some pics here the PDB board an i was brickin it when i turned it on in case of a prob as this was fairly costly unit but it all lit up just how its suppoced too phew as this unit powers all the lights in the main  bridge S/S an all other lights in the ship  so far ive only used one power terminal so another 3 still to use an the 5 v ubek unit
[/size]https://ibb.co/LtSD24V
[/color]
[/size][/color]

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1224 on: December 09, 2021, 06:52:42 am »

here a shot of the new plug fitted on so i can remove the cam switches if i need too an the other cam switch will have the same plugs fitted thanks to
( Dave T888) for finding them for me on ebay as i looked an could not find them so Dave cheers from me  :-)) an the plug is just lightly laid together but will go right home when im ready to use it  an the last pin has not had a wire soldered on yet as this will go to feed the rear radar motor but its only a 3v motor bein fed by a 12v down to 3v voltage reducer so this pin may be a a 12v but im gonna try it on 6v an see how it goes but cant do any more on that till i get all the wirein sorted an im still waiting for that 44 pin plug then when that comes i can get stuck into it an get it sorted
https://ibb.co/tmCDGss

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 22 queries.