Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: Chris' HMS TIGER (C20) - 1:72 SCALE  (Read 309652 times)

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Chris' HMS TIGER (C20) - 1:72 SCALE
« Reply #1250 on: January 04, 2022, 10:58:46 am »

Hi Chris;
I spent a month to get into my normal life according to a chart supplied by the doctor,that showed when to be available
for watching TV,washing a face,driving a car,etc....final was the swimming to wait longer than one month.

Follow the instructions by chart and the doctor in charge precisely as you do on your model ship builds.!! :-)) O0

Kiyo

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1251 on: January 04, 2022, 11:08:17 am »

HI Guys many thanks for your replys  so ive got to stick it longer then oh well its for the best i suppose as dont want any infections or anything to go wrong
cheers guys
chris

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1252 on: January 04, 2022, 01:08:35 pm »

Chris as I had my cataracts sorted while under full aneshetic for the hole in eye to be repaired, my recovery was a lot longer at three months, but at least it was all done at once thankfully, then a year later same op different eye, but all sorted and passed DVLA test for D1 licence with a score of 100%, just got to take time.

Bob
I will finish this model

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1253 on: January 04, 2022, 01:11:41 pm »

Chris as I had my cataracts sorted while under full aneshetic for the hole in eye to be repaired, my recovery was a lot longer at three months, but at least it was all done at once thankfully, then a year later same op different eye, but all sorted and passed DVLA test for D1 licence with a score of 100%, just got to take time.

Bob

CHEERS Bob i wonder if i will have to have a test ? as i can see lovley
CHRIS

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1254 on: January 06, 2022, 03:40:56 pm »

Chris if it was only one eye operated on for cataracts, you do not have to report, mine was more serious as it was a hole in the eye and as I wanted a D1 licence back I had to do the extra test.
Thought you might like this shot

Bob

I will finish this model

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1255 on: January 06, 2022, 05:41:12 pm »

Chris if it was only one eye operated on for cataracts, you do not have to report, mine was more serious as it was a hole in the eye and as I wanted a D1 licence back I had to do the extra test.
Thought you might like this shot

Bob

HI BOB YES ONE EYE ONLY an cheers for the pic it will all help me on the build
chris

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1256 on: January 26, 2022, 09:09:22 am »

HI ALL  well i went to see the opticain yesterday for her to check my eye after eye op an ive been given the thumbs up so im now restarting on tiger build hooray as been bored stiff over xmas an all this month so if all goes well will post some linkpics on soon on the tiger build  :-))
chris

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1257 on: January 26, 2022, 12:58:11 pm »

Hi Chris;

Congratulations for a good result on your eye operation.!!
But you had better restart  slowly your build of Tiger in early stage for your eye. :-))

Kiyo

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1258 on: January 26, 2022, 02:30:54 pm »

Good news Chris, looking at last photo I sent the frame work on theStarboard hangar door is not something you need to worry about, its all thats left from boarding it up after the door was removed to be fitted on Blake

Bob
I will finish this model

Dan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1259 on: January 26, 2022, 09:16:14 pm »

Glad to see you've had the go ahead from the optician Chris! Looking forward to seeing your progress with Tiger now over the coming weeks!

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1260 on: January 26, 2022, 09:41:56 pm »

Hi Chris;

Congratulations for a good result on your eye operation.!!
But you had better restart  slowly your build of Tiger in early stage for your eye. :-))

Kiyo
HI Kiyo  many thanks for your kind comments an yes im still takin it easy but we have jen an i been working on tiger as jen has been soldering some wires for me as i told her what to do an how an she's enjoying doin it as she was smiling happy after she did the slodering as she said it makes a change  from her jewleyaery makein eg . necklaces an earing 's so may have a new apprentice lol  hope you are well
chris

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1261 on: January 26, 2022, 09:47:44 pm »

Good news Chris, looking at last photo I sent the frame work on theStarboard hangar door is not something you need to worry about, its all thats left from boarding it up after the door was removed to be fitted on Blake

Bob
HI Bob cheers an yes i thought it was that but dint know they nicked the door to but on blake poor tiger an hope you both as well as can be same as us
ATB TO YOU AN YOUR WIFE
chris an jen

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1262 on: January 26, 2022, 10:01:51 pm »

Glad to see you've had the go ahead from the optician Chris! Looking forward to seeing your progress with Tiger now over the coming weeks!
AN HI Dan yes its all systems go on tiger but ive still got to take it easy for another two wks or so but will put on some linkpics soon  so jen has been doin some soldering for me after i just told her witch wire goes where an solder this wire to that an she is enjoyin it may have a new apprentice lol  how things goin
on your type 22 eh ?
ATB TO YOU
chris jen  :-))

Dan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1263 on: January 27, 2022, 10:40:24 am »

AN HI Dan yes its all systems go on tiger but ive still got to take it easy for another two wks or so but will put on some linkpics soon  so jen has been doin some soldering for me after i just told her witch wire goes where an solder this wire to that an she is enjoyin it may have a new apprentice lol  how things goin
on your type 22 eh ?
ATB TO YOU
chris jen  :-))

That's awefully good of her, I'm sure.shes doing a great job!
There's slow progress on the type 22. Doesn't look much different, but I'm slowly working my way through fitting the stanchions and fittings. I haven't put any photos up because at the moment it doesn't look much different. But I'm hoping to have it completed by early April... Ready for the next build

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1264 on: January 27, 2022, 01:02:08 pm »

That's awefully good of her, I'm sure.shes doing a great job!
There's slow progress on the type 22. Doesn't look much different, but I'm slowly working my way through fitting the stanchions and fittings. I haven't put any photos up because at the moment it doesn't look much different. But I'm hoping to have it completed by early April... Ready for the next build
[/
quote]

HI DAN  yes she's a good wife certainly picked the right one an dont mean to be nosey but are you married yet ?  an ok its slow goin on the 22  but you will get it done as you are doin a very nice job of her an exscuse me for asking but whats the next build ?
ATB CHRIS

Dan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1265 on: January 27, 2022, 01:45:33 pm »

Not nosey at all mate, I'm not married yet, but do live and have a young baby with my partner Shannen. She's tolerates the models.. just  :embarrassed: 

I've narrowed it down to two. HMS Invincible in 1:96, or HMS Tyne in 1:48. I was originally planning on doing something 1:72nd scale, but Invincible at 1:96 is just over 200cm, plenty big enough for me, and it'll match the scale of the type 22 when it's done. Id have to do it in two halves though for transport purposes. Something I'll be re-reading on your build threads when the time comes  :-))

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1266 on: January 27, 2022, 04:14:10 pm »

Not nosey at all mate, I'm not married yet, but do live and have a young baby with my partner Shannen. She's tolerates the models.. just  :embarrassed: 

I've narrowed it down to two. HMS Invincible in 1:96, or HMS Tyne in 1:48. I was originally planning on doing something 1:72nd scale, but Invincible at 1:96 is just over 200cm, plenty big enough for me, and it'll match the scale of the type 22 when it's done. Id have to do it in two halves though for transport purposes. Something I'll be re-reading on your build threads when the time comes  :-))
SORRY Dan dint mean to embarrareses you but good on you havin a good lady an a youngster very well done an after tiger im thinking of doin hms clyide in 1/48 scale with grp hull an with a chopper on as ive never built in 1/48th before an that will be my very last model as be to old to do any more an yes ivincable in 1/96 is a fanstatic model an if you do want to do a split hull i'll be only to pleased to help you do it  but you must have an upright bench drill cos without that you wont be able to drill the hull jiont holes accruatly an if its not accrute then it will not fit togeather got mine from B/Q about 40 quid but very handy as ive used mine no end of times anyway you three all
 stay safe an well
ATB
Chris an jen

T888

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1267 on: January 27, 2022, 04:36:09 pm »

Hi Chris,

Nice to see you back online, hope the eyes are working at 20/20

If you do make HMS Clyde I can help you out , as I made Clyde base on SIRMAR GRE Hull back in 2013/14, my build was published in Model Boats mag.

Hope you don’t mind me posting a pic of on this thread.
Regards David

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1268 on: January 27, 2022, 06:11:22 pm »

Hi Chris,

Nice to see you back online, hope the eyes are working at 20/20

If you do make HMS Clyde I can help you out , as I made Clyde base on SIRMAR GRE Hull back in 2013/14, my build was published in Model Boats mag.

Hope you don’t mind me posting a pic of on this thread.

HI Dave  nice to see you on here again an hope you are well an no i dont mind the pic as she looks great an yes please for some help very kind of you as its in a big scale i want to make loads of stuff work on her do you know the price of the hull in 1/48th scale ?  then we are two of a kind as dave wooley done a five page write up an pics of my nimitz in model boats an i was very pleased still got the mag it was feb 2015 an to my amazement the mag has got your clyde on the front cover  as i am now looking at it an my nimitz is inside as well as a 3 page featuer on your clyde very well done but fancy both our ships bein in there at the same time  wow
chris

Dan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1269 on: January 27, 2022, 10:09:44 pm »

SORRY Dan dint mean to embarrareses you but good on you havin a good lady an a youngster very well done an after tiger im thinking of doin hms clyide in 1/48 scale with grp hull an with a chopper on as ive never built in 1/48th before an that will be my very last model as be to old to do any more an yes ivincable in 1/96 is a fanstatic model an if you do want to do a split hull i'll be only to pleased to help you do it  but you must have an upright bench drill cos without that you wont be able to drill the hull jiont holes accruatly an if its not accrute then it will not fit togeather got mine from B/Q about 40 quid but very handy as ive used mine no end of times anyway you three all
 stay safe an well
ATB
Chris an jen

No embarresment on my side Chris  :-)  I do take alot of infor from your threads, they're very useful/helpful. So the sooner you carry on with Tiger, the better for me  :-))

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1270 on: January 27, 2022, 10:33:57 pm »

No embarresment on my side Chris  :-)  I do take alot of infor from your threads, they're very useful/helpful. So the sooner you carry on with Tiger, the better for me  :-))

HI Dan im glad my threads are usefull to you an glad to think im helping you thats how it should be in this hatefull world an yes tiger is now being worked on but its the wireing that bein done now so i hope you like wireing Dan
chris / jen

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1271 on: January 31, 2022, 05:17:16 am »

PART TWO  OF TIGER BUILD  :-))
Well im back on tiger build after eye op but takin it easy an my wife jen is helping me
an as i had wireing failure on the first attempt ive reworked all 44 wires in the D-connector with stronger wires an this was just before my eye op

but its all done an had just two wires get conneckted togeather by solder when wireing the H/J plug so ive turned them too one wire to carry power an here the new wires just laid out so ready to begin again when my eye is better
https://ibb.co/82VGVL0

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1272 on: January 31, 2022, 05:25:16 am »

So next i thought id wire in the sound whooper as i  made this ready months ago an so i dont strain my eye doin fiddley soldering as jen has done some for me to see me through till i can do it
so here is the unit laid out ready to fit an spk
https://ibb.co/YZkBFdg

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1273 on: January 31, 2022, 05:27:55 am »

AN here spk installed an wired up by a simple plug in system
https://ibb.co/GPGxXy5

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1274 on: January 31, 2022, 05:30:00 am »

an spk back plate all screwed down to hold it in place in sound box
https://ibb.co/8b49Qc0

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 22 queries.