Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1.2 volt relay? or something to do the same job.  (Read 4748 times)

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
Re: 1.2 volt relay? or something to do the same job.
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2019, 07:00:44 pm »

Googled it but the kit never showed in the results? Dont have a number for it do you?

RST

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2019, 07:41:00 pm »

MK120 from a google search. On phone so links are hopeless am afraid. May not be any good but I can't download the pdf manual at the moment to check myself. Before anyone else says, no doubt you can import a Chinese copy for pennies, but I've used velleman etc kits before and they're ok for the money.

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2019, 07:59:58 pm »

Hi , had a look, it says range of 1-4metres. I need 0-35 cm. I dont know if that means it wont work on my set up. Doesnt mention whether its a momentary action or if it stays on.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2019, 10:46:18 am »

The kits pictured will very nearly do the job.  Their task is to switch on when they see light, off when they don't.  Using a relay, and a non-battery supply, the relay can be permanently operated, releasing to the dark.  Or the sense pot and sense device can be transposed.
The drawing (found on the internet) shows the modification to change it to operate the relay when it loses sight of the light source.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2019, 02:33:37 pm »

Hi, sorry not replied sooner, wondered what rl was and also I assume vr is variable resistor? Excuse my ignorance.

RST

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2019, 03:21:43 pm »

Hi , had a look, it says range of 1-4metres. I need 0-35 cm. I dont know if that means it wont work on my set up. Doesnt mention whether its a momentary action or if it stays on.

Hi Andy, sorry red herring I think. The info available for it is pretty pap also.

Rich

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2019, 10:23:34 am »

Hi, sorry not replied sooner, wondered what rl was and also I assume vr is variable resistor? Excuse my ignorance.
Yes, VR has been the standard shorthand on diarams for variable resistance for a while, and while relays get a lot of different names, especially in circuits with a lot of relays, this one at least says " relay" alongside it.
Any of the kits should come with a diagram, but most switch the relay on when light falls on the sense element.  The application here requires that, unless the relay is permanently operated until the light beam is interrupted, the logic will need to be inverted somewhere along the line.  Having the sensor (which goes to a low resistance state when lit up) switch the 1st transistor off by shorting the base to emitter rather than applying a reducing resitance to the base to switch the transistor on, is the easiest way.  This does mean that the variable resistor needs a bit of padding to ensure that current via the base is limted whatever the setting of VR.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.