Model Boat Mayhem - Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice/suggestions on equipment purchases  (Read 134 times)

mbm999

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Advice/suggestions on equipment purchases
« on: Yesterday at 07:40:39 PM »

Hi,
I've decided to buy an Aeronaut Diva for my first venture into model boat building.
I'm not after a blisteringly fast boat but something which has a good turn of speed.
I was thinking of going brushless so i'd welcome suggestions of motor size, esc, prop and batteries (maybe lipo?).
I'm also going to buy a new 2.4G radio set (something like a FlySky or Turnigy?) so, any suggestions welcome.

I'm sure i'll have lots of further questions about the build when i get to it but feel free to offer ANY advice whilst
i'm gathering my shopping list together.

Thanks,
Mark

shadysadie

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Advice/suggestions on equipment purchases
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 08:03:42 PM »

Hi Mark.

My Diva is very nippy on a 2830 1100Kv outrunner and 3S Lipo.. Prop. is 35mm. two bladed and a 30A ESC is more than sufficient as my Turnigy motor is only drawing a max. of 21A

Hope this helps but if you search "Aeronaut Diva" on this forum you will find a complete build log for this model.

CaptainJoshie

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 10:09:24 PM »

Hi

After a few purchases, I ended up buying Flysky FS-6iX. Works great with my models, electric powered boats and yachts.

The Absima and Radiolink systems I bought, and returned, had problems with the ESC and servos on the throttle sticks!

The shop wasn’t to surprised by the problems with the throttle sticks which did surprise me but swapped then did a full refund!

Ended up buying the Flysky on eBay at a great price and bought a few extra receivers really cheaply via eBay.

John.

canabus

• Full Mayhemer
  • Boats a hole in the water you pour money into!!!
« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:51:27 AM »

Hi 999

The Turnigy IA6 and the Flysky I6 are the same unit with differ name.
I have both and Banggood sell the self centring throttle kit and differ coloured knobs and switch covers.
Canabus
Pages: [1]   Go Up