Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capacitors  (Read 1141 times)

CJK

• Full Mayhemer
  • Growing old is mandatory - growing up is optional
Capacitors
« on: June 14, 2019, 08:59:52 am »

I know very little about this electrickery business and need a bit of advice please - since the demise of Maplins there is nowhere where I can walk in and easily get advice on such things  :(( .

I need to put some capacitors on motors, have found some on Ebay that are described as "0.22uF 220nF 50v Ceramic multilayer MLCC Capacitors" - 10pcs for £2.89. Will they do the job?

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
Re: Capacitors
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 09:12:22 am »

They'll do the job - I buy all my little stuff from ebay - it will take a week to arrive from China - but if you're building a boat, that shouldn't dent your schedule.   You can buy a bag of 100 caps for less than a £1 if you're prepared to wait.   Remember - if buying overseas, keep the total less than £15 per order or you might get caught for added VAT & collection charge (min £8)

CJK

• Full Mayhemer
  • Growing old is mandatory - growing up is optional
Re: Capacitors
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 09:21:23 am »

They'll do the job - I buy all my little stuff from ebay - it will take a week to arrive from China - but if you're building a boat, that shouldn't dent your schedule.   You can buy a bag of 100 caps for less than a £1 if you're prepared to wait.   Remember - if buying overseas, keep the total less than £15 per order or you might get caught for added VAT & collection charge (min £8)
Thanks  :-)) . Have bought them - UK supplier so will get them in 2-3 days.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.