Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More unusual quadcopter stuff.  (Read 1692 times)

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
More unusual quadcopter stuff.
« on: June 14, 2019, 01:56:36 pm »

Here are another couple of quadcopter experiments, both are good flyers, the first one flew really well but I didnt have a decent battery so it only flew for a minute or two per charge. The second one was my way of getting my micro ridge runt flying, without having to get tiny radio gear to fit. It works well if the speed is kept down, flying fast causes it to flutter a bit as it starts acting like a plane, but attached to the quadcopter.

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
Re: More unusual quadcopter stuff.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 01:59:27 pm »

Here is the ridge runt on the scales, under 9 grams.

Antipodean

• Full Mayhemer
  • Madness that floats
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 08:49:23 pm »

Interesting ideas. It is good to see someone being creative with these things. I have one or two I may dig out and customize now thanks to your post  :-))
What do you mean 1:1 is not a model?

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 11:20:17 pm »

I like flying the ridge runt glider on it, as I had the full size slope soarer years ago, I also have a micro version of a keil kraft elmira thermal soarer. I even managed a clear cockpit moulding and still ended up around 10g. I have always liked experimenting, a while ago my friend and I had bought similar helicopters , both second hand and broken bits on them, we fixed them, flew them and then using tamiya junior wheels and tyres, two of each set of four have a gear moulded in, some home made steering and the heli motor, servo and battery, two rocketships were born, I had never seen rc cars that fast. They did roll, over and over and over, the wheel rims getting wrecked,we were getting through my tamiya junior wheel collection rapidly, not wanting to take any more off my collection, leaving unusable bodies, I called a halt to wheel supply. I have since started producing my favourite car of all time, I have a post in this section showing them if your interested. Anyway have fun when you mod the quad. The quad I used for the cargo one had fpv, but it had poor fpv range and I had to rip my headset off quickly and try and find it in the sky and try and get control back. I removed that from the setup to save weight. I now use it on crawler trucks. I even attached the fpv camera to the top of my headset, it a bit like alcohol when you try to pick things up or walk about. Anyway post pics if you make something. I have a tiny chubby harrier type jet body carved from foam and carved out to take a ladybird bumble bee type quad. It looked good but was tricky to fly with extra weight, just took getting used to. I will try and get photos of it on here.

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 11:28:30 pm »

Here is another body/load? Looks good but I have since shortened the stick.

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 11:30:28 pm »

Sorry hit wrong button. Lol

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 11:35:27 pm »

I do other unusual stuff too, shark fin radio/motor chamber started life as a cup dispenser from a water fountain. Yacht was scaled up to carry me, built in the attic of my flat ( A honda xr 500 was also refurbed in the attic) both vehicles took three people to get them out of the attic, scary, boat was bit well varnished and hard to grip.

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2019, 08:18:34 pm »

Here is my bumblebee quad and my jet body, I have lost one of its wings but you get the idea, body from foam, wings and tail from ice cream tub.

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2019, 08:04:18 pm »

I have refitted the quadcopter mechanics into my stubby skycrane, it still flies well, the original quadcopter bodyshell is only a gram lighter than my balsa bodyshell.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 23 queries.