Shows, Events, Club websites and Club Events > Mayhem at Wicksteed !

Mayhem 2020......23/24 May

(1/8) > >>

Klunk:
well, I have deliberately left it a month to get over the 2019 Mayhem.
next year is a significant year, it will the the 75th anniversary of the end of WWII. It will be the last time there will be a big event for WWII. So to mark the occasion the Mayhem Crew would like to invite all to participate in a weekend review. this can be any boat, ship or sub that served in the war.  Let's dig out those old corvettes, landing craft battleships and if any the little ships from Dunkirk.
same format as previous, but I will list below the standard stuff.
host... Wicksteed Model Boat Club
http://www.wicksteedparkmbc.com/
venue... Wicksteed Park,  Kettering
https://wicksteedpark.org
price, Mayhem is FREE entry...But Wicksteed Park charge for car parking, sorry we have no control over that.
the Mayhem carpark is 100yds from the lake, trolleys and help are available on request.
There are very few rules.frequency control for 27 and 40mhz as usual. 2.4 can go on anytime. this is a total free sailing event. there may be times you are asked to vacate the lake for special events.
sail smart, sail safe.
free tea and coffee available, donations always welcome.
sailing starts officially at 10am both days and finishes when you go home.
camping is available via Wickstead Park. please keep an eye on this forum for discounts on camping if we can get them. this normally comes through in mid April.
that's it, if I have forgotten anything our LORD AND LEADER will in full, and if he doesn't I'm sure SWEETCHEEKS NICK will!

Liverbudgie2:

--- Quote from: Klunk on June 16, 2019, 07:17:45 pm ---well, I have deliberately left it a month to get over the 2019 Mayhem.
next year is a significant year, it will the the 75th anniversary of the end of WWII. It will be the last time there will be a big event for WWII. So to mark the occasion the Mayhem Crew would like to invite all to participate in a weekend review. this can be any boat, ship or sub that served in the war.  Let's dig out those old corvettes, landing craft battleships and if any the little ships from Dunkirk.
same format as previous, but I will list below the standard stuff.

--- End quote ---

What about VJ Day - or is the 14th Army still the forgotten army?

LB

Klunk:
I said the end of WWII. did that imply Europe only?.

Andyn:
VJ Day, in case I'm mistaken, is the 15th of August. Mayhem at Wicksteed has been in May since it began...

Tug Fanatic:
I hope that you will welcome all appopriate models which to my mind includes commercial shipping of the era. I don't consider military naval crews were any more heroic than merchant navy crews. I think this contribution often gets underplayed because of the need of the military to celebrate past actions.

Just a thought.  :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version