Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to have wireless leds  (Read 1253 times)

roadrunner440

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
how to have wireless leds
« on: June 18, 2019, 06:32:47 pm »

well I wanted the roof to be removable but have lights so I came up with this method..fuse from battery b+ &neg soldered to brass strips in the hull...I use 4mm circuit bord contacters soldered into 2 brass tube..i made a non conducting brace to hold the tubes&sontacters to the cabin of the wheel house..the bottom contacter's hit the b+ & neg strips in the hull when wheel house roof is in postion when held by magnets..then the roof has another fabbed conducter,2 brass wires formed into shap with pads solderd on to it to hit contacters..roof light resisters soldered to wire,run magnet wire to smt led's (surface mount) direct off my battery mains,magets hold roof on.....there are indexes so the roof dosent slide around and cause a short but there is a fuse cuz it has shorted once&while when I was in a hurry to put roof on...used smt leds through out boat..the wheel house work lights for those wondering are 5050 led chips(3 separate power&ground/earth to 1 led package) so 3 100ma led's in 3..so they are very bright but I had to step up to 1 watt 5050 smt resister's to handle the heat.rest of my leds I used 1/2 watt 1206 resisters&magnet wire....

tsenecal

• Full Mayhemer
Re: how to have wireless leds
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 07:02:43 pm »

roadrunner440

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: how to have wireless leds
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 07:09:51 pm »

I use the flat round contacters 4mm cuz they will carry 5 amps reliably...I found the pointy ones generated heat..but same contacter co
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 21 queries.