Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacement airbrush advice needed  (Read 1365 times)

TugCowboy

• Full Mayhemer
Replacement airbrush advice needed
« on: June 24, 2019, 08:25:15 am »

Hi All,

I need a replacement airbrush.For about 10 years I've had a Paasche Talon, which is a beautiful dual action brush but the problem Is It's fiddly to maintain.

I lent the airbrush to my brother in law who returned it in a non working condition so I'm after a replacement. This time I fancy something a bit more industrial in it's construction and not sure I want to spend another £100 on an airbrush.

I have a good compressor but just after something simple to maintain and that I wont feel so tempted to baby all the time because it looks so pretty.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Alex

DaveM

• Full Mayhemer
  • Why on earth do I do this?
Re: Replacement airbrush advice needed
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 08:51:56 am »

Alex
In your position I'd be tempted to ask your brother-in-law to buy a replacement. After all he's ruined an airbrush that currently costs £130. Lending tools to friends and relatives is never a good idea.
As to a suitable one I guess it depends entirely on what functionality you require. I've always used Badger airbrushes but I've little doubt there are better and/or cheaper ones around these days. DeVilbis have always had a good reputation. Quite whether you'll get that sort of quality for less than a hundred quid is uncertain, however.
DaveM

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 09:10:23 am »

I use a Badger 200. It's single action but very versatile. Squires are advertising it at £70 http://www.squirestools.com/files/12-18.pdf

They do double action ones for around the same price, scroll on a few pages.
Don't Assume Check

deadbeat

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 12:03:40 pm »

It really depends on the quality of work you want to do. If you go on Amazon you can get chinese knock offs for £8 and upwards, Ive used them and they are ok for my need and at that price they can be considerd as disposable. Also cheaply available are sets of different diameters of needles and nozzles. I wish for one of the dearer ones  but for my usage I can't justify the cost.

Andyn

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 12:43:44 am »

I have a collection of brushes ranging from Iwata Eclipse HP-CS though a Custom Micron CM-SB, a couple of Harder & Steenbeck brushes and a few others. The one I use most is my Harder & Steenbeck Infinity CR Plus. It's a lovely brush to use, very easy to maintain and the feel on it is great. Available in .15mm through .4 - mine is a .2, I think the .15 would get clogged far too easily.

I've not yet tried an H&S evolution, they're in that price range and if they're half as good as the CR plus you're on to a winner
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 21 queries.