Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Still struggling  (Read 1202 times)

Pragmatist

• Full Mayhemer
  • It's a nautical thing
Still struggling
« on: July 08, 2019, 03:43:52 pm »

calibrating the only speed controller that works is not going quite right with my Taranis X9D and Tornado Fusion controller. I can enter each mode but I cannot get the prop reversing. In program mode it recognises full throttle and down throttle to program the esc but not neutral for some reason.

klz

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Still struggling
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 09:59:07 pm »

I have never had a problem setting up an ESC with my Taranis, I configure 6 channels 4 standard and 2 assigned to switches then it all just works I have used all sorts of ESC from expensive to cheap Chinese.  The most I have had to do is turn on radio with stick in neutral turn on boat move stick to full throttle esc beeps then move stick to neutral wait a few seconds then move stick to reverse a few beeps then back to neutral turn all off turn back on and it works.  most the time its just turn on in neutral and it works.

That may not help but I never do more than that, to be honest the Taranis is not a first time radio for the price of a Taranis receiver you could get a cheap radio and receiver frsky or something to get you going then go back to the Taranis once you have a little more knowledge.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Still struggling
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 10:00:56 am »

Is it a problem telling the transmitter what is wanted, or telling the ESC what is expected from the signals that come out of the receiver?
A quick google for Tornado Fusion ESC found this, [size=78%]https://www.logicrc.com/instructions/P-FS-TBL.pdf[/size] which implies that there is a programming card.  Usually, a programming card makes life simpler.  Often, it is pretty much essential.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 23 queries.