Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Skysport 4 transmitter TV4F  (Read 1210 times)

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
Problem with Skysport 4 transmitter TV4F
« on: July 21, 2019, 05:11:25 pm »

Hi there
I wonder if anyone has had a similar problem to this one.   Had model boat down to the lake today; and the transmission range was shall we say 'very short' say about say 20 yards.  I had the same problem last week with a totally different model but same transmitter.   No-one was on the same frequency, and the aerial was fully extended on the transmitter and on the model I had this morning, the aerial runs along the deck for the receiver - and - the model I had out last Sunday (an MTB which the aerial is coiled around the inside of a Carley float on deck ) ,   The MTB (I know for a fact has a range of over 1/4 mile with a Skysport 6 transmitter).  Riggers and I tried this out a few years ago.   Now, came home today thinking the aerial wire may be snapped inside the transmitter - took it all apart - but couldn't find a thing wrong.   No evidence of black wire or anything inside the transmitter.   But, I noticed - when I switched the transmitter on - and removed the crystal from the transmitter - the power needle goes up to 100% - replace the crystal into the transmitter and it drops down to the near enough 60% or, just outside the red bar.   Tried this crystal and other crystals in another Skysport 4 which I have and it stays at 100% same as on my Skysport 6.

So, has anyone experienced this type of problem/any ideas - I still cannot sort the shortness of range - Its as though there is a short when you plug a crystal into the transmitter.   

Obviously I have tried various other crystals in this transmitter, but, they all have the same affect.

John
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Problem with Skysport 4 transmitter TV4F
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 10:29:45 am »

The transmitter may have goosed its output stage and gone to join its ancestors.  I'm assuming that it is a long serving one that has been known to work previously, rather than a newly aquired one that hasn't been used previously.
Doing a quick goggle only hit 35MHz ones.............
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Problem with Skysport 4 transmitter TV4F
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 10:42:27 am »

Hi there
[/size][/color]

thanks for the reply; I have solved the problem - the battery pack for the
looks as if it has a duff cell in it
john
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 23 queries.