Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Power for servo after radio change  (Read 1450 times)

lankyandy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Power for servo after radio change
« on: July 10, 2019, 09:37:57 pm »

good evening

I have finally got round to updating my radio gear to 2.4ghz. On my previous futaba set up I ran the servo and receiver off a separate 6v battery. My new set up, An exmitter ex7, does not have a battery input unless I use the throttle input. What’s the work around for this? I’m sure this is me being thick but any help much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. 

knoby

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Power for servo after radio change
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 10:22:21 pm »

Nice radio. You can plug the battery into any of the unused channels on your receiver. if you are using a speed controller (esc) with a battery eliminator circuit (bec) there is no need to use a separate receiver battery.
The path of excess leads to the tower of knowledge

lankyandy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 10:40:57 pm »

Thanks for that. I have an electroize fx40hx-an not sure if that will do it. If I can plug it in to any unused channel that sounds great to me. Thought it had to go into channel one effectively.
Thanks again

RST

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 11:13:45 pm »

I use Exmitter purely because can't buy 40MHz now.  6 channel but believe the 7 channel should be the same as the same receiver.  As long as you're putting in 4.8v I plug in a 4 Ni-Mh battery pack into any channel, observing polarity, then any servo works.  If you have an ESC with BEC then no separate battery, plug into any channel and the servo in the other.

You might be going back a bit now having receivers with separate battery connections, think the last one I had was probably 27mhz and 20+ years ago.  I can't get any google hits for your ESC just now -just make sure if it's BEC then you don't connect any external batteries.

lankyandy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 12:00:36 am »

Yeah next new build won’t be separate battery. Just wanted to reduce costs of re doing esc etc over the boats I have. More to spend on the next build that way
Thanks  again
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 21 queries.