Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: St. Albans Models that Move 2019  (Read 3254 times)

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
St. Albans Models that Move 2019
« on: July 16, 2019, 01:44:10 pm »

Hi all, we are at it again!  Same venue as last year, Church of England Townsend school High Oaks, St Albans, AL36DR.

We open on Saturday 28th. September and Sunday 29th. open 10 a.m. both days close at 5 p.m.

Admission £4. adults and £1 school children, pre school free.
Lots of free parking and refreshments at reasonable cost.  What about spending all day with us?
Last year we had 2000 visitors over the two days and will have almost all modelling interests catered for, not yet got any submariners on board though.

It is a good venue for children so a good excuse for grandad or even dad to attend, we had about 800 children / young people attend in 2018.  Surprisingly not noisy as they were busy making model aeroplanes operating Meccano models looking at the trains and of course enjoying train rides and operating RC boats on the pool.   

See even more of the Tamiya Truckers who have a hall to themselves.  We are planning to have an electric train (5 inch gauge) on board driving experience as well.  Plus a bit of nostalgia here and there.

We have several visiting clubs who make the exhibition what it is and also help us old codgers with the physical work.  This is very much appreciated by the club and in the main what keeps the exhibition going.

More info on the club website which has been re-vamped and hope you approve.  Please log in to stalbansmes.com and see the new website.
Look forward to seeing you all,

Regards,

Roy
P.S.  I always book good weather as we have several steamy dirty things going on outside that we could not possibly bring inside!

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
Re: St. Albans Models that Move 2019
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 05:22:14 pm »

Looking forward to it!   :-))

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 06:12:51 pm »

luton will be in attendance as usual. new feature this year!!! we will be displaying cross stitching! something for the ladies.
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 06:13:15 pm »

ps plastic, theres another trophy to win!
full time penguin

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 06:48:01 pm »

Hi klunk, I am all for something for the ladies but cross stitching suggests upsetting them.
I have just returned from a visit to the school to see what work has been done.  They seem to have money to spend and the foyer now has an attractive glass divider and there is also a lot of building work that should not affect us as it will be complete by the September term start.
So all in hand and hopefully under control.
But what do I know!
regards

Roy

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 06:53:58 pm »

ps plastic, there's another trophy to win!

Cool - I have just the spot in the cabinet if I rearrange some of the other cups.   O0

robbob

• Full Mayhemer
  • Time flies like an arrow;fruit flies like a banana
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 11:56:58 am »

More info on the club website which has been re-vamped and hope you approve.  Please log in to stalbansmes.com and see the new website.
Look forward to seeing you all there,
Roy
Here's the full URL to the new website folks  :-))
https://stalbansmes.com/
Robbob.

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2019, 06:25:04 pm »

Hi all, this is an update.  Those that visited last year will remember the imposing Hang Glider integrated with a Flight Simulator.  The owner now has a Flight Simulator in a container and it will be outside in the quad area.

If you are local to us in the St. Albans area and would like to bring a model to the show please contact me and we will make a space for you.  There is no charge for exhibiting, but we would like you to be there both days.
regards Roy

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2019, 03:32:52 am »

on this weekend, hope to see some of you there!!!!!!!!!
full time penguin

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2019, 09:00:28 am »

Hi all we are girding up our loins for set up this evening.  We have contingency plans in place now as Sunday looks like a rainy day.
It will probably affect flying on the playing field.

Otherwise we are bringing outdoor live steam exhibits into an area we have not used before which is undercover and has covered access for visitors. The steam train rides will be 99% under cover with dry access from the school.  All the usual clubs are coming and the indoor railways are a bit different this year.  Don't forget we have more Meccano than you can shake a stick at!  Some of those big models that go way beyond a Number 10 set.

Look forward to seeing as many Mayhemers as possible, boating may be a bit limited on the Sunday, but we shall see.  On the bright side it looks like we shall not need to top up the boating pool on Sunday!

Regards to all
Roy

robbob

• Full Mayhemer
  • Time flies like an arrow;fruit flies like a banana
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2019, 01:23:30 pm »

Hi all.

I have (finally) made a video of our September 2019 Exhibition and put it on the StAlbansMES  YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O_gbZTMnXY
A big THANK YOU to all the clubs and societies that exhibited at the show  :-))
I hope you all enjoy the video.

Robbob.
Webmaster.

St.Albans and District Model Engineering Society
https://stalbansmes.com/

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
Re: St. Albans Models that Move 2021
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2021, 01:03:29 pm »

Hi All, If the government says YES we are ready to do it again this year.
We have booked with the school as before and they have accepted the booking on a 'Temporary' basis as was to be expected.

The dates are 25th. 26th. September 2021.  We have had a very positive response from all of the clubs who are the mainstay of the event and all are expected.  The event is as before at the Townsend C of E School, full address above.

We have had a first meeting to discuss if it is viable but if the covid-19 restrictions allow then we shall be there.
The society members will be 2 years older even our oldest member Guy Ellerby is hanging on in there and should be 102 in June this year!

We shall be looking for help amongst the clubs again, they did a grand job for us last time, for physical help to set up and pull down.
Decisions are made in principle and we shall wait and see if we get the go ahead.

I hope you will join us, I shall list those exhibitors expected nearer the time so you can judge for yourselves if it is worth leaving your workshop to join us in St. Albans.
For your information we are under new management, Chairman Clive Reynolds said 7 years was enough!  But stayed on the committee.
We now have Mike Collins, as our new Chairman. (No, he is not the one that went round the moon and never got off).

Regards to all,
Roy (Hon Sec) still not found anyone to replace me!!!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.