Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tug Hein - KY Models Peba kits  (Read 3341 times)

SJG001

• Full Mayhemer
Tug Hein - KY Models Peba kits
« on: July 20, 2019, 02:25:38 pm »

I have been watching Moller62's (https://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,63313.0.html) build with interest since I have been studying some of Hobby Model Modelbau PEBA  (http://www.hobby-lobby-modellbau.com/onlineshop/index.php/cat/c1030_PEBA-Kits-scale-1-50.html/XTCsid/bd29f57843d0ff2afdf07ceb00df896c) kits for a while

Firstly for someone in the UK ordering these kits is a bit fraught as Hobby Model Modelbau don't use Credit/Debit Cards or PayPal and their ordering is not what we are used to.
I found using it made me nervous - but they seem to have good response time, meet their obligations, etc. They also have a good reputation across the board. The main pain was between when I ordered and being able to process a bank transfer the exchange rate got worse.

The kit is small, it comes in a small box and while I was aware of the model the size of the box shocked me - I was expecting something bigger.

The kit come nicely presented with very clear instructions. It’s set up for someone with limited experience to build. It is nice to see as for someone who has been out of the active hobby

The parts are very clean and only minor prep work is needed to move from base, primer to full paint. I did a trial fit on some of the parts and the it was so good is exceeded some other well  known brands.

The hull looks to be 3D printed and the one I have has very limited evidence of this unlike some recent 3d printed kits I have seen

The Servo and Motors are included and are typical generic units, nothing spectacular and I may need advice on ESC choice shortly.

The propellers that come with the unit are plastic and I may need to replace them with metal units.

Space is tight and I am wondering about access for maintenance in the future. I am trying to find a workaround to make access easier to the hull interior.
On the whole a very nice kit – looking forward to getting going.

SJG001

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Tug Hein - KY Models Peba kits
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 03:06:11 pm »

Having some issues with the photos  :embarrassed: HELP !!

SJG001

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 03:23:18 pm »

General-Shot.jpg

Sorry having real problems with the images

SJG001

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 03:28:16 pm »

SJG001

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 03:29:09 pm »

Capt Podge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2019, 03:51:57 pm »

Looks like a good little model which should be attractive and great fun to use.

Regards,
Ray.

Moller62

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 09:34:11 am »

Good to see you have received the Hein. Looks very nice.
With regards to access for maintenance I have a similar problem with Fiede.
My plan is not to glue the deck to the hull.
The kit has a rubber fender that goes all around the hull. I intend only to glue the rubber fender to the hull and let the fender act as a seal between hull/deck and then make a screwed connection between the two parts. The bowfender will be screwed discretely into the hull and will hold the deck and hull together at the bow.
I have to find a similar solution for the stern.
It dont know if this will work for Hein.
Br Søren

SJG001

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2019, 10:35:43 am »

Had a similar thought originally.

I am looking at 3d printing a fitting and adapting some of the hatches to allow the deck to be connected to the hull by fasteners . I have done something similar using bra fasteners and elastic previously.

It provides a good seal and easily separated when needed. The only bugbear is i am not sure if I have enough room. to do this consider RC gear, motors, shaft, servos and batteries.

Allnightin

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2019, 02:50:02 pm »

What sort of diameter are the props?   You might find the ER 100 ESC available via the Sol Expert 1/87th website worth considering.  It is offered as a bare circuit board there but they will solder on leads for you for an extra charge over the 10 Euros each for the boards.

For these small models I increasingly use 3mm diameter super magnets as fasteners as they take so little space up.

SJG001

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 02:36:25 pm »

Now moving onto the painting -  Slightly delayed due to work and other commitments.

Hope to have pictures for the weekend...

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.