Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Someone was looking for JJC sound unit help recently?  (Read 2919 times)

RST

Someone was looking for JJC sound unit help recently?
« on: August 02, 2019, 10:08:49 pm »

Hi,

About the same time I was digging my Sangsetia out for re-wiring and pulled my JJC board out.  Actually I had 2 Electronize esc's fail weirdly and I hoped to goodness the JJC unit survived, and it did! The OP was asking about connections -I didn't remember myself at the time but hope this helps because mine is a turbo caterpillar unit and I've never heard anything even close to a marine caterpillar ever since (for a sound unit), save for standing next to one...
  • red/ black -power (no terminals on mine so must have been pre-wired tails as the heat-shrink on the PCB is still intact)
  • terminals between the power leads -speaker (8ohm from memory)
  • orange red black triplet -throttle from receiver (needs no explanation)
  • audio lead with 3.5mm jack, from memory, output to an amplifier
  • 2 blue pots on the board, adjust the sound, can't remember -probably idle and how "lumpy" it sounds
I can't find the original thread on searches so hope this pic helps!  I had three of these back in the day, first one self destructed on power-up (mission impossible style) and was replaced FOC as a fault, this replacement probably what I have, third one I sold and regretted ever since.

...Voltage I cannot remember but seems independent of throttle, I'm guessing up to 12.0V.  Mine seems fine on 7.2 or 8.4v.

Hope this helps, just sorry I can't find the exact thread since.

Rich

Captain Flack

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Someone was looking for JJC sound unit help recently?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 10:42:17 am »

The OP was me, thanks for the reply.  I have it sorted and working now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.