Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HMS Newcastle & SRBOC?  (Read 1580 times)

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
HMS Newcastle & SRBOC?
« on: July 16, 2019, 03:18:28 pm »

Hi, does anyone know if HMS Newcastle, circa 2002, would have been fitted with SRBOC and if so, where on the ship these would these have been positioned?
Thanks in anticipation.

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
Re: HMS Newcastle & SRBOC?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 03:50:05 pm »

I believe they were fitted just in front of the aft 909 Radar Dome on top of the hanger.  Attached are a couple of images from the Atlantic Models kit instructions showing the location.  RBOC launcher are parts 31.
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 11:37:18 pm »

I believe they were fitted just in front of the aft 909 Radar Dome on top of the hanger.  Attached are a couple of images from the Atlantic Models kit instructions showing the location.  RBOC launcher are parts 31.
Ah! Thanks very much for this, I think I can just make them out in the position you say on my shot of Newcastle leaving port circa 2002. And yes, they appear to be in the position you mention!

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 11:52:50 am »

The only pics I could find were from 1988 but clearly show RBOC at the location discussed.  I've attached pics
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 24 queries.