Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scams  (Read 11894 times)

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Scams
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2019, 09:58:20 am »

Thats a pretty old amateurish one This one I have removed the Guys name as it is genuine  as is the bank. this was followed by one from the US Custom and Border Dept again with genuine names (I Removed) and address

My name is  the  Executive Governor Of The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the Executive Chairman of "E.C.D.R". I discovered that your name and email address in the Central Computer among the list of unpaid contractors, inheritance next of kin and lotto beneficiaries that was originated from Africa, Nigerian Government, Europe, Asia Plus Middle east and United States of America among the list of individuals and companies your unpaid fund has been located to a suspense account. Your name appeared among the beneficiaries who will receive a part-payment of $5,300,000.00 and has been approved already for Payment. Yesterday two foreigners (Mr. Tim Parker and Mr. Rowland Gulf) visited my office in your stead to inform me that they are your Representatives from United State, whom you send to collecting your Funds for you. We in this Bank do not understand why you sent these men to come and Collect your Funds on your behalf. If actually you want them to help you Collect your Inheritance Bill Sum, at least you should have informed me as the new Executive Governor of this Bank. They actually tendered some Vital Documents which Proved that you actually sent them for the Collection of this Funds. Honestly, it really baffles me that you took such decision without my consent. Here are the Document which they tender to this Bank today: 1. LETTER OF ADMINISTRATION.2. HIGH COURT INJUNCTION.3. ORDER TO RELEASE. Actually, these Documents which they tendered to this Noble Bank is a clear Proof that you sent them to Collect this Funds on your behalf. Finally,I told them to come back tomorrow morning and they promised to come back. As the Governor of this Noble Bank, I was supposed to Release this Funds to them but I refused to do so because I wanted to hear from you first. Due to the Nature of my job, I will not want to make any mistake in Releasing this Funds to anyone except you whom is the Recognized Bonafide Beneficiary to this Funds. Kindly clarify us on this issue before we make this Payment to these foreigners whom came on your behalf. In receipt of this confidential Letter, you are required to email this Bank immediately you receive this Confidential Letter.

To enable the process go seamless, please provide the below information.(1) Full Names(2) Present Residential Address:(3) Present Phone, Fax and Mobile Number:(4) Present Profession, Age and Marital Status:I wait to hear from you ASAP.

OFFICIALLY SIGNED

Executive Governor Of The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
=======================================================

U.S. Customs and Border Protection1300 Pennsylvania Ave NW,Washington, DC 20229,United States.Urgent Attention: Beneficiary,I am Assistant Commissioner head of Field Operations (OFO) of the U.S. Customs and BorderProtection (CBP). We have just intercepted and confiscated two trunks at John F Kennedy International Airport in New York, NY 11430 coming from a foreign country.We crosschecked the content of the boxes and found it contained a total sum of $4.1 million dollars. Also with one of the trunks were documents with your name as the receiver of the money. As we progressed in our investigations of the Diplomat which accompanied the trunks into the United States we learned that he was to deliver these funds to your residence as payment of an inheritance/winning, which was due to you.Further checks on the consignment, we found out that the consignment paperwork lacked the PROOF OF OWNERSHIP CERTIFICATE AND LEGAL DELIVERY PERMIT CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE forms. We then confiscated both trunks and released the Diplomat.The trunks According to section 229 subsection 31 of the International, Commerce Regulators Code Enforcement Guidelines, your consignment lacks PROOF OF OWNERSHIP CERTIFICATE AND LEGAL DELIVERY PERMIT CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE from the joint team of Homeland Security and therefore you must contact us for direction on how to procure the two certificates, so that you can be relieved of the charges of evading tax which is a jail offense under section 12 subsection 441 of the Tax Code. We will also be asking the IRS to launch an investigation of money laundering if you do not follow our instructions.You are therefore required to contact me within 72 hours, at that point I will walk you through the process of clearingand claiming the money.Failure to comply may lead to your arrest, interrogation and/or you being prosecuted in the Court of Law for tax evasion and or money laundering. You are also advised not to contact any bank in Africa, Europe or banking institution.Yours in service,,U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)

john44

• Full Mayhemer
  • member of the Potteries Model boat club
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2019, 12:08:53 pm »

Hi guys, just had a call from MasterCard visa, Telling me my card had been hacked and  they're
Trying to take £600 out of my account
 To stop the withdrawal press 1.

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2019, 09:00:46 am »

Todays bargain  do you think she is telling a FIBI

Argeseanu Ileana <jfrodrigues@tce.ma.gov.br>
Tue 16/07/2019 04:52

I am Ms. Argeseanu Ileana; I am the Chief Internal Auditor Banking Division with FIRST INTERNATIONAL BANK OF ISRAEL LTD (FIBI), Tel Aviv branch, Israel. I have a project of $13,609,000.00USD that I will need your help in receiving. Kindly respond back to me and I will explain more to you.
RegardsArgeseanu IleanaChief Internal AuditorBanking DivisionFIBI BANK ISRAEL.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2019, 09:38:55 am »

A quick look shows that "gov.br" belongs in Brazil, quite a way from the Tel Aviv branch.  But I don't suppose that their intended targets would look that closely, or know the difference.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2019, 12:11:22 pm »

A quick look shows that "gov.br" belongs in Brazil, quite a way from the Tel Aviv branch.  But I don't suppose that their intended targets would look that closely, or know the difference.
Now I am jealous. Mine only seem to come from Africa & India.

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2019, 06:54:42 pm »

Its my  Nigerian  and Us Border ones that are dodgy  other than the subject. The addresses and names are for real

RST

« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2019, 08:13:33 pm »

Does everyone still report phishing / scams?  Must admit I gave up unless it's something for a business or bank.  It's only recently after 10 years or so talktalk made any kind of effort at a spam filter.  Doesn't stop anything now, just punts to the side. Ironically, now they actually gave me a spam folder, I can look in it too see all the years of guff in it I never had any access to before.  When I reported to them my E-Mail account was very obviously compromised a couple of years back they couldn't have cared less.  It was pretty shocking they didn't care about my account, I could even tell them pretty close to an hour at what time I appeared to have been compromised.

Spam / Phishing / Spoofing SMS still get me and I'm amazed because I just don't give my mobile number out.  I report all SMS to 7726 (SPAM) but it seems increasingly less effective these days.  O2 certainly changed their prospective to saying they don't investigate them much now.  I still report them though.

I'm sure you all know James Veitch.  Unfortunately his correspondence seems alarmingly similar to dealings with my current IT department.  Never have I worked anywhere before where E-Mailing my password in to IT would have been even a conceivable request, if not a potentially sackable offence on sharing it before  -except for this place!  But enjoy if not...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/C4Uc-cztsJo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2019, 12:21:46 pm »

Some just don't even attempt to look ok

Seifeldin Abdelkareem <seif_3u@yahoo.com>
Wed 24/07/2019 09:34

Hello,

I sent you an email earlier last week but did not get a reply.
i need your assistance in the transfer and investment of $30,000,000.00
and will pay a very good percentage for your assistance.
Kindly get back to me so I can tell you the whole story.
Note that this transaction is open to scrutiny.

Mr  Seifeldin Abdelkareem
Chief Financial Officer
Ajman Bank.

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2019, 03:05:16 pm »

How anyone is dumb enough to read these obvious traps for idiots completely beats me, let alone click anything on them. There should be no need to waste time "warning" other modellers about them either.

IGNORE and DELETE.

The same with nuisance calls.  I used to average seven per day.  You know: Microsoft Call Centre, PPI claims, and your recent car crash.

I got a BT Call Guardian phone, and have never had one since.
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2019, 03:40:07 pm »

There should be no need to waste time "warning" other modellers about them either.

That was not warning others just amused at the scammers  pathetic attempt  though   not partial to the Dumb reference

BrianB6

• Full Mayhemer
  • I'm not sure if I can get up from here
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2019, 12:14:08 am »

From yesterdays ABC News about Australian Taxation Office scams

• More than 800 Australians were fleeced of a total of $3 million by ATO scams last year
  • Reports of ATO scam calls rose by 900 per cent in late 2018
  • The rise followed a joint Canadian-Indian operation to shut down scam call centres targeting Canadians

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2019, 03:46:23 am »

So Brianb6 says....

"More than 800 Australians were fleeced of a total of $3 million by ATO scams last year"

Does this mean our ATO is illegally taking $ from hard working Australians?......I thought those kind people in Canberra were appointed and employed to administer the Taxation Laws of the elected Government!!!

Surely we can have another Royal Commission ......this time into the dubious dealings of our ATO ;D

Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

RST

« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2019, 11:53:50 pm »

I find it rather strange threads like this when I still hear of others ignoring basic on-line security and modern fundamental banking rules rammed down your throat every day, so to be honest it's not surprising there's so much malicious activity on-line out there.  It will probably continue forever, and some folk will always ignore the basics, shut their eyes, ignore the fact it has a consequence on others.

...so normally I think scammers get off lightly but then when I see some others and what they put out there I think "good grief" no wonder it keeps happening.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 22 queries.