The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Bait Boats

Bait boat help

(1/2) > >>

Jamieblanker:
Hi all

I’m new to the forum so hello and thanks for having me, I have a waverunner atom bait boat that requires some attention and not sure who to ask-hence the post.
Every time I turn it on it has a mind of its own and starts performing all its actions on its own, ie motors starting and stopping lights coming on and off the hopper releasing etc etc , it’s driving me mad 😡
I was thinking of upgrading the boat before this - however I do like this boat and I’ve had no issues with it at all up to now so would like to fix it or have it fixed, I read that the internals can be upgraded , new pcb and motors etc but wouldn’t know where to start !

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Jamie

Paul2407:
Hi and welcome,
first I would check that the trim tabs on the handset are correctly set, also make sure the batteries are fully charged on both the headset and the boat 

Jamieblanker:
Hi,
thanks for the speedy reply, yes I had checked all trim set up, all battery’s are fully charged etc

Paul2407:
My first thoughts when I read it was interferance, are you running the older 27mhz/ 35mhz transmitter/receiver?? these usually have crystals located within the transmitter or are you running the newer 2.4g digital type?
the earlier types can suffer a lot from interferance depending where you are and it might be worth upgrading to the more reliable 2.4g personally I use the cheap stuff like this for my boats/cars and never had any issues don't be put off by the price https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flysky-FS-i6-2-4G-6CH-AFHDS-Transmitter-FS-iA6-Receiver-Radio-System-For-RC-Toys-/202650406010?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

or you can go for the more expensive one's it's a matter of preferance, how many channels do you need?

Jamieblanker:
You know I never thought about interference, it first happened when others was using boats on the same lake now I come to think about it.
Yes I do have the older type control with the crystal in the hand set, when you talk of how many channels do I need sorry to be a novice but I’m unsure what you mean by this ?
Many thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version