Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bait boat help  (Read 6800 times)

Jamieblanker

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Bait boat help
« on: July 30, 2019, 07:00:45 pm »

Hi all

I’m new to the forum so hello and thanks for having me, I have a waverunner atom bait boat that requires some attention and not sure who to ask-hence the post.
Every time I turn it on it has a mind of its own and starts performing all its actions on its own, ie motors starting and stopping lights coming on and off the hopper releasing etc etc , it’s driving me mad 😡
I was thinking of upgrading the boat before this - however I do like this boat and I’ve had no issues with it at all up to now so would like to fix it or have it fixed, I read that the internals can be upgraded , new pcb and motors etc but wouldn’t know where to start !

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Jamie

Paul2407

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Bait boat help
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 07:50:15 pm »

Hi and welcome,
first I would check that the trim tabs on the handset are correctly set, also make sure the batteries are fully charged on both the headset and the boat 

Jamieblanker

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 08:17:24 pm »

Hi,
thanks for the speedy reply, yes I had checked all trim set up, all battery’s are fully charged etc

Paul2407

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 08:41:12 pm »

My first thoughts when I read it was interferance, are you running the older 27mhz/ 35mhz transmitter/receiver?? these usually have crystals located within the transmitter or are you running the newer 2.4g digital type?
the earlier types can suffer a lot from interferance depending where you are and it might be worth upgrading to the more reliable 2.4g personally I use the cheap stuff like this for my boats/cars and never had any issues don't be put off by the price https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flysky-FS-i6-2-4G-6CH-AFHDS-Transmitter-FS-iA6-Receiver-Radio-System-For-RC-Toys-/202650406010?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

or you can go for the more expensive one's it's a matter of preferance, how many channels do you need?

Jamieblanker

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 09:07:24 pm »

You know I never thought about interference, it first happened when others was using boats on the same lake now I come to think about it.
Yes I do have the older type control with the crystal in the hand set, when you talk of how many channels do I need sorry to be a novice but I’m unsure what you mean by this ?
Many thanks

Paul2407

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 09:54:39 pm »

A basic system will be 2 channels so on channel 1 would be forward & reverse and on Channel 2 you'll have left right for the steering, so you might have extra buttons etc for the hopper release etc this would be 3 channels, then you might have some lights etc for night use so you would need an extra channel to put these on so you could turn them on/off etc.
shame your not closer to me as I would help/show you how to do it but I'm sure you'll be fine to do it as it's fairly straight forward to convert over most of it is just plug and play

just a thought as to the cause of your interferance on the back of your motors as you are running the older 27mhz system maybe one of the suppressor capacitors could be missing or failed these are usually little orange/brown balloon looking items on the back of the motor  this can cause interferance
again with the later 2.4 ghz systems you don't need these fitted, so to future proof it a little I would personally change over to this newer type, as long as the hull and the propshafts are sound everything else can be replaced or repaired with reletive ease
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.