Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: soldering iron for £1  (Read 1310 times)

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
soldering iron for £1
« on: August 01, 2019, 12:10:22 am »

Here is an idea I came up with one night after my soldering iron packed in. Barbeque lighter from pound shop and a bit of copper wire,  Works surprisingly well, I left the end long on it so the flame is well away from the business end. I was proudly showing my friend my new invention, when he said he had seen it on youtube before! Ah well.

RST

Re: soldering iron for £1
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 12:43:47 am »

Yea, have to say as a regular YouTube viewer there seemed to be a while where 'hacks" like that were just unavoidable everywhere. Pick any kind of video to watch and to the right next any kind of lighter  was "hacked" into a soldering iron of sorts, with some form of standard "music" playing.  When I started working away from home the local cheap shop had 30w irons for 6eur incl a heavy base, two articulated arms on the side with crock. clips, a sponge pad and pack of solder.  So I snapped one up and have been using it ever since though admittedly the bit is disappearing into thin air.  It's no antex but cheap enough not to bother with any "hacks" of anything else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 22 queries.