Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hovercraft  (Read 7572 times)

hover tim

Hovercraft
« on: September 30, 2007, 10:24:50 am »

This is my hovercraft opinions please http://www.flickr.com/photos/hovercraft/1351442254/

john54

Re: Hovercraft
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 01:58:01 pm »

Hi Looks very good been thinking about have a dabble myself.
Just toys on E*ay !
Do you know of any good sites for info? 

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 02:06:37 pm »

Very nice looking scale model, attention to detail is very good O0

Would be nice to see some close ups, have you any pictures of the build from day one to present?

hover tim

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 04:40:59 pm »

for sites see attachment dont realy have any build pics but i am doing another N6 next which is similar to this one in the basic structure its just the deck that dramatically diffenent so i will post pics of that one sorry  ;D

hover tim

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 04:46:18 pm »

forgot to add alos got this onr running today

chingdevil

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 06:59:34 pm »

Hi Tim

Nice looking craft, were you at Beale Park over the weekend there were some very nice hovercrafts there.
I have always fancied building an SRN 1 I have an old plan of it but I would like to get some more details of it. The plan builds a hovercraft 36" in diameter, I did start building a long time ago but it got destroyed in a house move and I just gave up on it.

Brian

hover tim

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 07:49:52 pm »

would of been ther but i am not local to the area i live in Leeds so beale park is a bit far as i was at the hovershow at the start september in gosprt that took 6 hours so i am not too keen on going down for every show but i think i will be going to the majority of the shows next year i do know the members at the Beale Park did ypou get any photos of there craft operating.Thought about an SRN1 myself i know someone thats building an SRN2 it looks great when she hovers but i would draw the plans myself though
Regards Tim
Voyager the only close up i have http://www.flickr.com/photos/hovercraft/1303611899/

J.beazley

• Full Mayhemer
  • The building never ends
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 07:59:30 pm »

I have previously built a Griffith 2000tdx which i scrapped not so long ago as it was all show and no go and it put me off somewhat  :(

Ive still got the plans and a part built Finger trouble hovercraft in the loft, might get it out one day if i ever decide to get back into the hovercraft.

Jay
1:48th scale for my ships. Large enough to show gratuitous detail, small enough to stay married.

hover tim

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 08:06:08 pm »

what was wrong with you griffon?Finger trouble the name says it all never done fingers they are an absolute nightmare but they do look good when done 

J.beazley

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 08:17:37 pm »

I got to the stage where she hovered nicely but was just too noisey for my liking plus the fact my batterys were dead after revving the nuts off the motors to get it going.

there were flaws in the motor set-up for one as they pulled a lot of current but we all learn from our mistakes.

Jay
1:48th scale for my ships. Large enough to show gratuitous detail, small enough to stay married.

chingdevil

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 08:52:29 pm »

Tim

I will have a look I think I got  some photos of the hovercrafts running, give me a day or two. Draw up my own plans for a SRN 1, now theres a thought.

Brian

hover tim

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 09:11:33 pm »

I know someone at the hovercraft museum they have got 1000s of plans for all sorts of craft but they do take a while to draw out but this way you understade how the model goes together

chingdevil

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 09:21:46 pm »

Tim
Where is the museum?

Plus some photos

Brian

chingdevil

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2007, 09:25:55 pm »

Couple more photos

Brian

J.beazley

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2007, 09:57:18 pm »

Brian the hover museum is in Lee-on-Solent in Portsmouth they have various open days throughout the year worth a visit O0

Jay

hover tim

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2007, 10:04:01 pm »

yes well worth it it takes me about 5-6 hours but its worth it could i send you pics to the MHA

chingdevil

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2007, 10:49:32 pm »

Tim
I have no problem with you sending the pictures to the MHA, there is no copyright attached to them.

Brian

hover tim

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2007, 11:09:15 am »

For anyone who wants to build a Griffon 200 hovercraft follow this link
http://users.pandora.be/gerard.lagaert1/fotos/hovercraft/index.htm

hover tim

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2007, 05:41:58 pm »

I have started another hovercraft so heres the progress so far http://www.flickr.com/photos/19759955@N07/2095151955/ also an SRN6 twin prop recently bought poor quality as taken on camera phone
Regards Tim

hover tim

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2007, 06:31:13 pm »

A bit more progress now any questions fire away http://www.flickr.com/photos/19759955@N07/2149347258/

Jeremy

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2012, 07:01:21 pm »

Has anyone out there build the SRN6 Hovercraft from the Julian Annells plans MAR 2437?  I am planning to have a go and, if there is a build log anywhere that would be a great help.  I have some photos of Mark Porter's build plus the full size plans.  The first stage is to identify the individual parts to be fabricated which, for someone unused to building from plans, is no easy matter! :((.

I searched for Hovercraft on the Mayhem site and came up only with this thread from 2007.  Should I have found other relevant entries elsewhere?  Any help, advice. encouragement etc would be gratefully received.

Jeremy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 22 queries.