Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jury Service  (Read 8185 times)

RST

Re: Jury Service
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2019, 03:06:01 am »

I know but she works in the offshore industry monday to friday... in Aberdeen

she finds that worse, especially when people keep asking about furry boots and she doesn't own any  ok2 {-) {-) {-)

Home port of Peterhead for me was a pain.  Took me a year of mobilisations to understand the Peterheed verison of things, then one day my man was absent, handed over to a superb guy who looked and dressed literally like the disney "puss in boots" (he was also not much above 4' tall also!), spoke perfect "Perterheed" but with a full-on Spanish accent through a 3 pointy beard!. eeeehhhhhh?  It all started again.

Then I worked inland about 20-30 miles west of Peterhead and experienced proper "teuchter" rather than "Aberdonian".  Weegie, Aberdonian or even Doric doesn't really compare -you can see their lips moving out west there, but nothing makes any sense at all!  You can't really question anything either because you just get the same back.  It's like watching a Father Ted episode dubbed entirely into Greek, but if you respond in any way at all you're also automatically responsible for something the other person should do, but you don't realise what before the other starts walking off.  I found it  really very difficult working round there.  I'm sure they all know what each other is doing, but two proper doric teuchters together is sometimes a bit like watching an atom splitting is like.

Mark T

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2019, 08:47:08 am »

.... so house the home chores coming along then Mark?!   %)

Funnily enough my wife is loving this imposed stay at home.  The flat has been cleaned as have the ovens; the washing and ironing are done too.  Someone please let me go back to work!!!   %%

david48

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2019, 10:00:43 am »

Not ever been called for jury service , but have been called as a witness against my one best friends ,now that is stressful sitting in the room waiting to be called then at 2 o clock told you can go home every day for a week  ,OK I was going to get out of pocket expenses but that is just moved on to court costs of my pal , so I did not claim too ,much paper work. I know thy would pass it on anyway . Scottish law is all a bit of a very black art .
David
Two heads are better than one sheep head  as my old plant manager used to say

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2019, 12:22:07 pm »

Been called three times in total, first two got a phone call before the day saying I wouldn't be needed. Third time was chosen , went through the process of setting up the jury then after about 10 minutes trial was abandoned. The victim of a stabbing wouldn't recognise the accused so that was he end of it. I do wonder at how good the jury system is at times as when we sat dow in the jury room before the trial a couple of the other jurors announced, of course the accused is guilty, they wouldn't have the trial otherwise. All before knowing what the trial was about or any evidence heard.At least only one day, sitting around waiting in the morning, chosen in the afternoon and away within a half hour. Didn't lose any wages for it.
Jim
Dundee Model Boat club

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2019, 04:11:25 pm »

I have done jury service twice, the first time I wasnt needed at all, the second time we got a case, it lasted best part of the day and took us all of 5 minutes (and a round of sandwiches) to decide. I suppose it doesnt help that I live just 3 minutes slow walk from the local courts.

Mark T

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2019, 07:12:50 pm »

I've just called the court tonight as requested again to find out if they need me tomorrow..................

They said that my jury service has ended and sorry for any inconvenience  %%   So I called work to be told its too late to get any work for tomorrow  >>:-(   Oh well its a nice long weekend for me then and then back to work next week.  What a complete waste of my time I've not even set foot in the place and lost a lot of pay.......great!

Oh well the house works all done so many brownie points earned and its nearly the weekend.  And the build is coming on lovely too  :-)) [size=78%] [/size]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries.