Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Craycraft MES  (Read 1710 times)

17-09

• Full Mayhemer
  • Do it nice or do it twice !
Craycraft MES
« on: August 18, 2019, 06:55:29 pm »

Hi Everyone,
Can anyone please give me the address and contact details for Brian Cornelius of Craycraft M E S ?  I have one of his old modules that needs some attention to the twin air pump. I know he moved on to other engineering projects but would like to contact him.
Many thanks in anticipation
 Alan......

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
Re: Craycraft MES
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 07:48:56 pm »

You could use a diaphragm pump in lieu of the piston pump, Will be quieter, more efficient, and more than up to the modest pressures that system used. e.g. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-3V-6V-5V-Small-Mini-370-Motor-Air-Pump-Vacuum-Pump-Self-priming-Breast-pump/253323119740?hash=item3afb3c0c7c:g:AQkAAOSw3fZaLkNd

17-09

• Full Mayhemer
  • Do it nice or do it twice !
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 08:19:12 pm »

Hi Andy,
 I hope it is you, been looking at these pumps, they look like a direct replacement for the piston pump, glad you have confirmed this as I was wondering if they would hold up the pressure of around 4 psi in the cylinder. I have been running this pump in the Seehund for around 20 years so it has done well, also had one in the Ocelot.
Thanks for the advice
Kind regards   17-09    (Alan Poole)

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 08:55:07 pm »

They make 7-8psi all day long. Beyond that the flow rate starts to tail off. The larger the pump, the better the pressure I tend to find. Don't know if they'll last 20 years, but they're pretty hardy, simple in design- hence not much to fail, and being mass produced are very cheap.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.