Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aeronaut Pilot boat build  (Read 11157 times)

Beyno1968

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Aeronaut Pilot boat build
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2019, 09:48:01 pm »

Managed to get a bit more done over the weekend. The bulwarks and spotlight assembly have been fitted and filled where needed. The front cabin roof has been glued on, I needed a bit more filler here because, like an idiot I chamfered the edges the wrong way so had to rectify my mistake.
I also fitted a spray rail to both sides of the hull this was made from triangular profile plastic rod.

One of the brilliant features of this kit is, on one of the ABS sheets, are some weird looking cut outs that you don't immediately know are for. They turn out to be soldering jigs for the various handrails. Most of the handrails are pre bent nickel silver and all you do is place them in the jig and solder them.
And after about half an hour soldering all the handrails are finished ready for painting.

hughb01

• Shipmate
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2019, 02:18:54 pm »

I've got this kit hiding in the stash. I was a bit put off due to issues with gluing ABS. Your kit appears to be coming along very nicely, kudos!

I didn't know there were jigs included for the railings, this is something other manufacturers should take note of.

Beyno1968

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2019, 08:08:42 pm »

It's been a while since I have managed to work on the boat. Managed to do a couple of things in the past few days. I have edged the deck and bottom of the cabin with some plastic micro strip I think it just finished the boat off ( and it also shows this on the box illustration although none is included in the kit) and it also appears on pictures of the real boat. All the windows have been masked up so I can give it a coat or two of primer when the weather allows.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.