Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1:72 scale Pacific 24 ribs  (Read 5118 times)

Stu

• Full Mayhemer
1:72 scale Pacific 24 ribs
« on: July 23, 2019, 11:44:34 am »

Good day all

Been along time since I posted anything on here as I took a break from the hobby which then took me forever to get motivated again to do any building.
I recently took delivery of two 1:72 scale Pacific 24 rib kits from fleetscale. They are in the long term going to be fitted to a type 45 but I thought as these boats have a great amount of detail on them I would let 5hem have their own thread.
The kits are very well put together with a highly detailed instruction sheet detailing right down to paint colour and tools needed really looking forward to building them.
I will have to post some pictures later as I’m on my iPad at the moment I need to find my log in details for photobucket.

Capt Podge

• Full Mayhemer
Re: 1:72 scale Pacific 24 ribs
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 12:09:24 pm »

Well, that's me hooked straight away.
I'll certainly be looking out for your updates  :-)

Regards,
Ray.

T888

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 12:45:12 pm »

Stu,
I based my 1/12 pacific RIB on the Fleetscale/ scalewarship kit, there are fantastic little kits.
Regards David

Stu

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 01:33:03 pm »

Im very impressed.

Struggling to post pictures though as photobucket is asking me to pay so need to find a different site.

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 01:34:46 pm »

I will have to post some pictures later as I’m on my iPad at the moment I need to find my log in details for photobucket.

If it's not too late, you might want to reconsider Photobucket. They now charge to host your pictures.  You could use Mayhem's own image hosting site or look for another that really does free hosting.  Or, of course, you could pay them!

Greg

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 01:35:23 pm »

Ah, simultaneous posts!

Stu

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 03:22:27 pm »

I shall giv3 it ago

Capt Podge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 03:49:45 pm »

Yeah, they come up OK - at least, on the images site - - not showing in this thread though...

Regards,
Ray.

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2019, 05:10:48 pm »

The image with the instructions is too large according to the site when I tried to post it for you. I have got it to less than 500kb so  lets have a go.

Capt Podge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2019, 05:15:02 pm »

Spot on Stu - thanks for the update  :-))

Regards,
Ray.

Stu

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2019, 05:45:43 pm »

Ahh ok it was operator error I will make sure they are the correct size next time

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2019, 12:57:58 pm »

Stu, to get your images appearing in your posts, do it like this -

1.  Go to the image on the hosting site and click "Embed codes" under the picture. 

2.  Go to the Full Image section that appears, hover over BBCode and a small Copy box will appear. Click on this. 

3.  Go to the post you want the image to be in and paste at the appropriate place. You don't need to change the size of the image.
Have fun!

Greg

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2019, 01:25:15 pm »

Stu, to get your images appearing in your posts, do it like this -

1.  Go to the image on the hosting site and click "Embed codes" under the picture. 

2.  Go to the Full Image section that appears, hover over BBCode and a small Copy box will appear. Click on this. 

3.  Go to the post you want the image to be in and paste at the appropriate place. You don't need to change the size of the image.
Have fun!

Greg

Greg
If you do that does it reduce the number of pixels, increase the compression or ???

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2019, 03:24:22 pm »

Greg
If you do that does it reduce the number of pixels, increase the compression or ???
I don't know, but it places a pretty high resolution picture in your post without needing to play around with it.  Here's an example (sorry Stu if this is hijacking your thread) -

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2019, 05:09:15 pm »

Im very impressed.

Struggling to post pictures though as photobucket is asking me to pay so need to find a different site.

DONT KNOW what hostin site you on but im on IMGBB an they are free BUT FOR HOW LONG I DONT KNOW
chris

jonggd

• The Fleet!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2019, 01:30:31 pm »

Good day all

Been along time since I posted anything on here as I took a break from the hobby which then took me forever to get motivated again to do any building.
I recently took delivery of two 1:72 scale Pacific 24 rib kits from fleetscale. They are in the long term going to be fitted to a type 45 but I thought as these boats have a great amount of detail on them I would let 5hem have their own thread.
The kits are very well put together with a highly detailed instruction sheet detailing right down to paint colour and tools needed really looking forward to building them.

Hi Stu, Nice to see your getting back to the building warships, begining to think I was the only one left.
I've ordered the same kit from Fleetscale for my next build, a T23 frigate in 1/72, so will be interested see how they go together for you.
Jon
In the Dockyard...
1/128 HMS Warspite - QE Class Battleship
1/72 HMS Campbeltown - T22 Class Frigate
1/72 HMS Apollo - T12I Leander Class Frigate
1/72 HMS York - T42 Batch 3 Destroyer

On the Slipway...
1/72 HMS Duncan - T45 Destroyer

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2019, 07:48:55 pm »

Hi Stu, Nice to see your getting back to the building warships, begining to think I was the only one left.
I've ordered the same kit from Fleetscale for my next build, a T23 frigate in 1/72, so will be interested see how they go together for you.
Jon

HI Jon ive just finshed building HMS NORFOLK   F230 type 23 in 1/72 scale from fleetscale very nice model it is what type 23 are you goin to build ?
chris

jonggd

• The Fleet!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2019, 09:04:04 pm »

Hello Chris, I'm still in the middle of my HMS York T42 build, but already planning and collecting parts for the next build, the T23.

My lovely wife got me the hull and plans for last Christmas, which was totaly unexpected, but a nice surprise and beats socks %) .

I now have the running gear/motors and some fittings. So almost ready to go, once the T42 is complete.

I think I will build my T23 after the midlife refit with the Mod 1 gun and Artisan Radar update. As my wife comes from St Albans in Hertfordshire, it's only fitting I build as HMS St Albans, which I think was the last T23 built. Regards Jon
In the Dockyard...
1/128 HMS Warspite - QE Class Battleship
1/72 HMS Campbeltown - T22 Class Frigate
1/72 HMS Apollo - T12I Leander Class Frigate
1/72 HMS York - T42 Batch 3 Destroyer

On the Slipway...
1/72 HMS Duncan - T45 Destroyer

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2019, 09:31:08 am »

Hello Chris, I'm still in the middle of my HMS York T42 build, but already planning and collecting parts for the next build, the T23.

My lovely wife got me the hull and plans for last Christmas, which was totaly unexpected, but a nice surprise and beats socks %) .

I now have the running gear/motors and some fittings. So almost ready to go, once the T42 is complete.

I think I will build my T23 after the midlife refit with the Mod 1 gun and Artisan Radar update. As my wife comes from St Albans in Hertfordshire, it's only fitting I build as HMS St Albans, which I think was the last T23 built. Regards Jon

HI JON well that's very fittin wife bought you the hull an plans she comes from St Albans so you will build HMS St Albans  VERY FITTIN INDEED
GOOD LUCK with the model sir an if you need  any help with your type 23 I will be only to pleased to help if I can as my Norfolk was quite a challenge
chris

Stu

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2019, 12:03:26 pm »

Hey all again sorry for the long delay, work has kept me away from home quite a bit but I managed to get a bit done now. This is my first time really working with photo etch so had to educate myself with the help of you tube. at the moment I am using a set of folding pliers but not getting on to well so have ordered a proper folding tool. so far I have folded the seats which were are quite fiddly with my big hands and also im struggling with some nerve damage to my right hand and arm making life even more difficult but making progress which is the main thing, I have also started work on the rolling mast needs a little tidying up but again getting there.

Hopefully get around to a bit more before the week is out work permitting
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 22 queries.