Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which free Drg program?  (Read 1957 times)

Mackenzie

• Shipmate
Which free Drg program?
« on: July 08, 2019, 01:12:30 am »

Hi
Looking to use a drg program for model fittings, which free one should I use? Do not intend to 3D Print.

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Which free Drg program?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 03:26:37 am »

AutoCAD Fusion 360 is an amazingly versatile detailed program for hobbyist /designers

https://www.autodesk.com/campaigns/fusion-360-for-hobbyists

You can sign up as a student [by confirming  your College or University of study] for a 'free 12 month subscription' O0 , then renew for subsequent 12 month periods without cost

Completion and practice with the on-board Tutorials will take you from an absolute novice to a competent CAD designer .......

[I am still at the former level  %)  Derek]
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 08:25:17 am »

you can get full autocad for free on a student licence, as a full CAD user, I found fusion 360 too limiting for what I was used to doing in full CAD, so I have stuck with the full version on a student licence.

Mackenzie

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 07:08:45 am »

Thanks for your help, I will try Autocad 360, Jim

RST

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 08:01:36 pm »

If you want something free and simple (basic but not too bad), I've cut my teeth 3-D printing with tinkercad.  I does most of what I want.  I'm trying to register for fusion 360 (I'm not a student*), the hobbyist option should be OK for me but I'm struggling with registration -I don't like the questions about e-mail addresses, or the fact I was presented with others commonly using talktalk domain addresses when I started registering.  You can try fusion 360 without committing for free first by the way.  I know 2-D cad but struggled with fusion 360 though I thought it much more intuative as an long time Autodesk user.  Now I've "mastered" tinkercad I think I'm much better prepped.

*I tried that before but it asked me for proof of my institution?

Rich
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 22 queries.