Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to successfully pause 3D printing and turn off?  (Read 1496 times)

sugarcane

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
How to successfully pause 3D printing and turn off?
« on: August 28, 2019, 05:03:28 pm »

Hello! Tell me, please, is there any way to successfully pause 3D printing and turn off the printer completely, and then continue the next day?

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
Re: How to successfully pause 3D printing and turn off?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 07:00:15 pm »

not that i know of, the file gets stored in the printers flash memory. you could try slicing the model and printing in smaller chunks then assembling

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 11:53:39 am »

There was at least one design that would resume the print if there was a power interruption however the normal firmwares in use will not allow this.
Jim
Dundee Model Boat club

RST

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 12:05:21 pm »

Kind of spooky because someone was asking me the same thing just a few hours before your post.

I'm not sure there is a way, maybe it depends on your software. When the patents expired a decade ago, everyone started basing the printers on the same type of code and software. What you get in the slicer is different between the versions but ends up essentially the same universal code.

I know on my printer I can pause. But re-starting again not sure.  If it is switched off, or even if you want a duplicate print, it has to re-sool the file again from the card.

You might be able to do it with USB connection, but fairly well published why USB isn't a good way to run the printers.

I'm confident enough to leave mine running overnight now but leaving it completely unattended during the day still leaves me worrying while I'm at work.  Has been ok so far though.

Rich

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 12:24:20 pm »

mine sits in the bedroom (it was the only place i had space at the time) so i tend to run it overnight as the repetative sound of the printing sooths me off to sleep, but it means any unusual noises wake me and alert me to any problems.
otherwise i like to be in the house while it is printing, so overnight or weekends.

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2019, 04:58:06 pm »

Check out Octoprint. https://octoprint.org/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.