Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brain dead morons smash up a £300 yacht  (Read 2100 times)

EJL

Brain dead morons smash up a £300 yacht
« on: September 01, 2019, 08:48:58 pm »

Two weeks ago at our club regatta one of our members yachts sank when the hatch came off in a strong wind. We searched for it but the water was too dirty. A week later we were in our club house when one of our members turned up with the yacht which had been smashed to pieces, completely destroyed. Apparently he had turned up at the lake out of club hours to sail a boat with his son and found the missing yacht under water very near the jetty. We searched the closed circuit TV system and saw that during very hot weather a group of morons had gone swimming, prohibited by order of the council, and by chance they had come across the yacht under the water. After draining water out of it they let it free sail for a short time, it seemed to be in very good condition at that point, then one of them got hold of it and smashed it against the concrete jetty, not one not twice but many times until it was completely destroyed and then threw it back into the water.

A £300 yacht destroyed by a brain dead teenager whose contribution to society will be zero and probably so for the rest of his miserable sad life.

BTW same morons who have been trying to destroy/move our mooring bouys we use for a racing course. This year has been a problem year for us.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
Re: Brain dead morons smash up a £300 yacht
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 09:16:53 pm »

Get the CCTV onto face book, sure someone will recognise them.

kpnuts

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 09:24:15 pm »

Morons sounds about right

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 10:58:21 pm »

Morons sounds about right

YES ITS DISGRAFEFULL
chris

RST

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 08:45:30 pm »

I think in this instance, they're kids which many of us were once. If they find something it'll end up being kicked and bashed. It wasn't nicked, nobody broke-in to get it. I don't agree it's OK, and I didn't necessarily do it when I was a kid. But this time, I sympathise with the owner, but I don't think absolute public vindicative venom against is right apart from the principle. Does that come across right? I'm not sure.  Bit like me. I left my camera on a bench at Versailles this summer (absent minded moment), apart from Versailles palace mucking me about majorly, police and list property folk completely uninterested.  You do wonder though, in a place like a palace like that, who just decided "bonus" and kept it rather than handing in. Toerags.

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 09:40:29 pm »

It sounds like a certain person or group have 'grown into' a stupid and mindless period. It has happened in a village near to me, and also in a village I used to live in and likewise Bognor where I used to live.

The little sods spend a few months or a year being idiotic and the either move on and grow up, or become criminals and look for the usual invasive life of the thief or drug pusher etc. As usual, it is the actions of the few that make the greater decent population of young people look bad, when we all know of neighbours kids, or our own that are charming, clever and aspirational.

We can deal with the first time they try a little too much booze, or get up to some other activities, but they grow out of it and continue in the responsible vein they blipped out of for a moment. Like the idiots who destroyed a model railway show, or years back, destroyed a wargame set up for a weekends activities (Sports club organisers let their charges roam free and provided cola and vodka like responsible adults  {:-{ ) a few ruin many other people's enjoyment.
Pond weed is your enemy

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2019, 05:39:20 am »

Hi all, the mention of a camera reminded me of showing ownership.  Assuming it is a digital camera, take out the memory card and most cameras have a very small built in memory.  Photograph your name address identity etc on this memory and then replace the camera memory card.
Hope this helps.
Roy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.513 seconds with 22 queries.