Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help again please concerning FlySky-i6 Tx. used on DF boats.  (Read 1552 times)

old man

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Help again please concerning FlySky-i6 Tx. used on DF boats.
« on: September 09, 2019, 06:10:16 pm »

Need help again please from someone who uses this TX on DF's.

My continuing quest is how to successfully slow down the speed of the rudder response. Twitchy doesn't do it justice on either boat.

I thought that adjustments to the Dual rate/exp would be the place, not working for me despite the display showing new rates being tried as confirmed. What am I missing please in a line by line explanation.

Thanks again.
K

Not sinking just yet but control is problematic.

No smoke or grinding is a bonus!

Dave_S.

• Full Mayhemer
  • Member of Oxford Model Boat Club
Re: Help again please concerning FlySky-i6 Tx. used on DF boats.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 06:45:01 pm »

As I think I have said before, I use exponential on my DF yachts' rudders. Make sure you are reducing the movement around the centre and not increasing it. You'll need 60-80% expo to really feel a difference. There is a little graph on the transmitter display that flattens out around neutral as you adjust it - if it gets steeper around neutral and flatter at the extremes, you are adjusting it the wrong way!

Expo basically makes the rudder less sensitive to stick movement around the centre, but retains the full movement when you move the stick to its full extent. Effectively it softens or dampens the rudder response around neutral, while still allowing full movement when you need to get out of trouble.

Rates are probably less useful for this as it gives you two ranges of movement which you set by using a switch for full movement or reduced movement.
Ruining perfectly good kits since 1969.

old man

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 02:51:44 pm »

As I think I have said before, I use exponential on my DF yachts' rudders. Make sure you are reducing the movement around the centre and not increasing it. You'll need 60-80% expo to really feel a difference. There is a little graph on the transmitter display that flattens out around neutral as you adjust it - if it gets steeper around neutral and flatter at the extremes, you are adjusting it the wrong way!

Expo basically makes the rudder less sensitive to stick movement around the centre, but retains the full movement when you move the stick to its full extent. Effectively it softens or dampens the rudder response around neutral, while still allowing full movement when you need to get out of trouble.

Rates are probably less useful for this as it gives you two ranges of movement which you set by using a switch for full movement or reduced movement.

Thanks again Dave, time to try again.

K

Dave_S.

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 03:09:07 pm »

Don't forget to press and hold the cancel button to save changes you've made before exiting the expo (or any other) screen. It's an odd and counter-intuitive thing to have to do, but it must be done or the changes are lost as soon as you go back to the menu.

old man

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 03:19:55 pm »

Wah Hey!

Thanks Dave, achieved without smoke or grinding, miraculous.

Cheers.
K

Dave_S.

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 03:28:40 pm »

Great, glad it's worked for you! Now to see how the expo helps with the yacht on the water. I much prefer the way mine handle with a fair amount of expo on the rudder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.