Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ellesmere port 2020 event  (Read 5434 times)

Howard Q

• Full Mayhemer
Ellesmere port 2020 event
« on: September 08, 2019, 10:42:59 pm »

Hello. Who would I contact for information on the possible 2020 Ellesmere Port Club show at Hooton Park, I was thinking of attending  but living on the Isle of Man does require some forward planning, the plan is to bring a number of models over and put them on display. Howard Q.

Welsh Wizard!

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Ellesmere port 2020 event
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 10:15:40 am »

Hello,
If Anyone has an update on the dates off this show I be would very greatfull, I know it would be a few month away but want to book hotel easy,
Cheers
Dave
Chairman Barry Model Boat Club.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 12:37:03 pm »

Best Contact Canal Pilot.

canalpilot

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 09:09:26 am »

The Ellesmere Port Model Boat Show is on May 16th. and 17th. at Hooton Park Trust.  Invitation to traders and clubs will be going out within the next day or two.  I have the traders e-mail addresses but do not have the e-mail addresses of many clubs.  Any Club interested should send me their contact details.

imsinking

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 11:24:25 am »

If you are doing a flyer for the event , please post it on here , the clubs can print and post on their notice boards .
It's important that new footfall is attracted to keep the trader's interested , this venue is more suited to a show than the Boat Museum as it's all in one place and has a first class sailing lake . . . AND I liked the ride on the vintage bus !  O0
Bill

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 02:34:29 pm »

ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

canalpilot

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 12:25:57 pm »

Invitations sent to Clubs today, I have had three that were unable to be delivered, Runcorn, Southport and Blackpool & Fylde.  Maybe I have the wrong contact details so if you read this can someone from either of these three clubs let me have current contact details and I will re-issue the invitations.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 01:10:27 pm »

I have sent you a PM re this show last week %%

Just Resent it..

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 09:17:56 am »

Invitations sent to Clubs today, I have had three that were unable to be delivered, Runcorn, Southport and Blackpool & Fylde.  Maybe I have the wrong contact details so if you read this can someone from either of these three clubs let me have current contact details and I will re-issue the invitations.
B&FMBC details PM'd 30th Jan. Resent today.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

canalpilot

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2020, 11:18:49 am »

Sorry guys I am not very computer/internet literate, what does PM mean. 
I have also been asked if exhibitors have to pay the entrance fee!! We have never charged an entrance fee for those who exhibit a model on their club stand. 
Without meaning to cause offense I find it quite strange that people who willingly spend a couple of hundred pounds on their models seem to object to finding £3 for an entrance fee or even the cost of an envelope and a second class stamp to return an application form. One instance comes to mind when the member of one club was asked to pay a 50p deposit on an ID badge for the 2 day duration of the show, refused and left in his top of the range Range Rover.  I am very happy to report that at the end of the show all the members of the guys club donated their 50p deposits towards the cost of the show.
To keep our hobby alive we are doing our best by running a show. If we want to keep that interest alive then it is up to people to support such shows and hopefully attract new and younger members.  For the price of a motorway cup of coffee or less than a pint of beer I believe our hobby is worth it.  As with any organisation there are those, usually a small minority, who do the work while many are content to just build and sail their own boats.  I have no objection to that but at the very least the large majority of the latter should at least support any show that is keeping our hobby alive.As I said I mean no offense to anyone, so sorry if you feel I have offended you but what I have said is a fact of life. 

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2020, 11:27:44 am »

Hi

I do not think that a £ 2-3 pound charge is unreasonable for all showing their boats, and then your normal entry fee for all others.  At the end of the day you are not running it as a commercial event and have costs to cover, particularly as the vast majority of attendees will be those displaying.

PM means personal mail or message  look at the top of your page when on Mayhem and you will see a tab that says "My Messages" , you will have at least 2 against it if not more. :-))

Skimmer Fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2020, 11:47:06 am »

Hope this helps.
Regards
Skimmer Fan

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2020, 12:51:18 pm »

PM = Personal Message.
Just under the place where your log-on information is (top left), there is a row of tabs.  About the 5th is marked "My Messages".  Click it, they live under there.
I set my profile so that when something arrives in the inbox, I get an alert in my "real" email.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2020, 01:05:54 pm »

I have also been asked if exhibitors have to pay the entrance fee!! We have never charged an entrance fee for those who exhibit a model on their club stand. 
Without meaning to cause offense I find it quite strange that people who willingly spend a couple of hundred pounds on their models seem to object to finding £3 for an entrance fee or even the cost of an envelope and a second class stamp to return an application form. One instance comes to mind when the member of one club was asked to pay a 50p deposit on an ID badge for the 2 day duration of the show, refused and left in his top of the range Range Rover.  I am very happy to report that at the end of the show all the members of the guys club donated their 50p deposits towards the cost of the show.
To keep our hobby alive we are doing our best by running a show. If we want to keep that interest alive then it is up to people to support such shows and hopefully attract new and younger members.  For the price of a motorway cup of coffee or less than a pint of beer I believe our hobby is worth it.  As with any organisation there are those, usually a small minority, who do the work while many are content to just build and sail their own boats.  I have no objection to that but at the very least the large majority of the latter should at least support any show that is keeping our hobby alive.As I said I mean no offense to anyone, so sorry if you feel I have offended you but what I have said is a fact of life.
Hello
please can you clarife on exhibitors entrance fee.
Your post starts with: I have also been asked if exhibitors have to pay the entrance fee!! We have never charged an entrance fee for those who exhibit a model on their club stand.

Then gos on to imply that exhibitors have to pay an entrance fee.
john

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2020, 01:10:58 pm »

Hello
please can you clarife on exhibitors entrance fee.
Your post starts with: I have also been asked if exhibitors have to pay the entrance fee!! We have never charged an entrance fee for those who exhibit a model on their club stand.

Then gos on to imply that exhibitors have to pay an entrance fee.
john

He is Just pointing out that in some cases all hell breaks loose when a exhibitor is asked to pay a nominal fee at events.  Personally I think they should adopt the Blackpool show's Ticket policy, or charge £2-3 pounds.

I do not believe he is saying there is a £3.00 fee as he says they have never charged a fee in the first part of the post.

canalpilot

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2020, 01:12:48 pm »

There is no fee payable for exhibitors showing their boats on a club stand. The £5 entry fee is for those arriving after the opening times which is 10 am each day.  All exhibitors should be on site before opening times. Setting up the exhibits is on the afternoon of Friday the 15th. May 2020 or before 9.30 am on the 16th. May 2020. For those who wish to set up on Friday please be aware that the show is in a secure hanger which will be locked at night and there will be people on site overnight.I hope that this has cleared up any points that have been raised. 
All hell does not break loose when exhibitors object to paying because we do not ask exhibitors to pay for either entry to the show or for the tables we provide which we have to pay for.  Anyone who does not want to abide by our very simple conditions of the show does not have to attend. 

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2020, 01:21:21 pm »

All hell does not break loose when exhibitors object to paying because we do not ask exhibitors to pay for either entry to the show or for the tables we provide which we have to pay for.

Was not referring to the E'Port Show but other incidents which I am aware of where complaints have been made. ( But Personally think you should charge a nominal fee)

Moving on, Have you found my Message to you ?. 

Bodger

• Shipmate
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2020, 11:39:10 am »

Hi,
I am putting together a list of 2020 shows for our members. I would be grateful for as much info about your show as possible please.
Is it 16 and 17 may. Venue address please and admission cost would suffice. Look forward to visiting you.
Thanks, Andy.

canalpilot

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2020, 11:14:22 am »

The Ellesmere Port Model Boat Show is on May 16th. and 17th. and the venue is Hooton Park Trust, an old listed WW1 aerodrome.  The postcode is CH65 1BQ. The show is mainly in a hanger which is secure at night and the sailing water is approximately 150 feet away.  The sailing water is about 2 feet deep and constructed of railway sleepers and a plastic liner, it also include a filter system which keeps the water safe. Launching models is not usually a problem, we have a lift system for very large models, although th size of the water is not consistant with very large models.  There are many pictures on the internet of the water and it has featured in Model Boats. We are expecting ten traders and the same number of model boat clubs to attend. There will be food available as well as the sites permenant aviation related items. 
And finally ANY CLUB MEMBER EXHITING A MODEL ON A CLUB STAND DOES NOT PAY THE ENTRANCE FEE.

Bodger

• Shipmate
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2020, 11:26:27 am »

:-)) Many Thanks canalpilot. Just what I needed.

Regards, Andy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.