Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5G  (Read 2158 times)

JayDee

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is the VERY Best !
    • JOHN DOWD
5G
« on: October 06, 2019, 08:25:38 pm »

Hello,

Just found on the Web, an article about the latest Mobile Phone scandal.
The latest thing is about raising the frequency the phones use to the point it can cause illness to Humans !!!.
Not just harmful to us - - but also to animals, plants and even TREES !!!!!.
Have a little search for details on the Web !!!!!!!!!!!!!.

John.   :((
My Projects, Photos and Videos
http://www.john-dowd.

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: 5G
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 08:47:32 pm »

The problem with a web search is knowing which "facts" are real and which are made up conspiracy theories. I don't think that there is any actual scientific data showing that 5G is harmful, although I am sure that there are plenty of sites claiming this but with no real facts just copies of other made up sites. Just like those that have been claiming that earlier mobile phones are giving everyone cancer although actual research does not show this.
Jim
Dundee Model Boat club

BrianB6

• Full Mayhemer
  • I'm not sure if I can get up from here
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 08:43:42 am »

Just as watching to much TV gives you square eyeballs  {-)

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 10:09:24 am »

Just as watching to much TV gives you square eyeballs  {-)
It would be 16:9 eyeballs now.

Much "factual" TV is aimed at the attention level of an average 9 year old from the '50's.  Watch too much of it, that is where you end up.  Of course, the "factual" TV is in competition with light entertainment, which has long been searching relentlessly for the lowest possible denomnator.  Just when you think they have lowered the bar as far as it is possible to go, someone comes around with a shovel to dig underneath it.
Has anybody ever mentioned that it is possible that conspiracy theorists are actually paid by governments to peddle duff information so that the real information, when it eventually comes out, doesn't look as bad?

The brain-frying properties of radio waves have been warned about for many years, but the power levels coming from handheld equipment are harmless in as much as they are within common background radiation that has been around since the dawn of time.  Standing too close to a central transmitter is, of course, another story altogether.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

DaveM

• Full Mayhemer
  • Why on earth do I do this?
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 10:29:52 am »

Has anybody ever mentioned that it is possible that conspiracy theorists are actually paid by governments to peddle duff information so that the real information, when it eventually comes out, doesn't look as bad?
This in itself looks like a conspiracy theory, Malcolm. As regards your point about a search for the lowest common denominator, I see that the dreadful dancing program is now well in excess of two hours on a Saturday, with subsequent "spin-offs" every day for the following week. It's clearly not just good things that you can have too much of. Bring back Peter West and Judith Chalmers, I say!
DaveM

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 11:01:25 am »

This in itself looks like a conspiracy theory, Malcolm. As regards your point about a search for the lowest common denominator, I see that the dreadful dancing program is now well in excess of two hours on a Saturday, with subsequent "spin-offs" every day for the following week. It's clearly not just good things that you can have too much of. Bring back Peter West and Judith Chalmers, I say!
DaveM
Judith Chalmers, anyway.
My fond memory there is a travel program that she was involved in.  The subject was an action holiday learning about dinghy sailing in Scotland.  She was doing her thing standing by the loch, inside a waterproof, under a brolly, with the rain heaving straight down.  Not a breath of wind.  Dinghys out on the loch, sitting on the reflections of their soggy sails.  You could just hear the crews chanting "Sailing is FUN.......Sailing is FUN".  I will never know if they convinced themselves.
Last couple of Saturdays I've been watching Bettany Hughes exploring the Nile.  Education and entertainment combined.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

TugCowboy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 11:13:02 am »

The same sort of theory comes out every time a new technology comes out.

5G actually operates at a higher wavelength than existing mobile phone technology. In theory it should be harder for those waves to have any effect on the human body as it would find it harder for the signals to pass through the skin and tissue etc.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2019, 11:27:09 am »

Last couple of Saturdays I've been watching Bettany Hughes exploring the Nile.  Education and entertainment combined.

I saw the earlier broadcasts, even more interesting when you have visited many of the places shown. Egypt is amazing. (But some people are in denial.... ;))

I think a lot of current TV is dumbed down because the people who make it are a bit dumbed down and ignorant themselves. Probably do all their research on the Internet which although immensely useful is not to be trusted as a single source of information, especially as much incorrect information is requoted and tends to become the standard reference even when it is competely wrong!

Many people are incrediby ignorant and gullible as proved by comments on You Tube videos. I was looking at some photos of the Bismarck wreck the other day and there were comments asking whether people in internal compartments were still alive when it hit the bottom. They obviously have no conception of the pressures involved.

Colin

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
  • I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2019, 12:06:03 pm »

The same sort of theory comes out every time a new technology comes out.

5G actually operates at a higher wavelength than existing mobile phone technology. In theory it should be harder for those waves to have any effect on the human body as it would find it harder for the signals to pass through the skin and tissue etc.

Higher frequency not wavelength surley ...

imho - higher frequency often needs more radiated power to have a similar operating distance as a lower frequency due to attenuation - so do the 5G devices have a higher radiated power than there '#G' mates?

C-3PO
I think it's the way I have learnt most of my stuff - getting very stuck first...

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2019, 12:12:21 pm »

Higher frequency not wavelength surley ...

imho - higher frequency often needs more radiated power to have a similar operating distance as a lower frequency due to attenuation - so do the 5G devices have a higher radiated power than there '#G' mates?

C-3PO
I doubt if the radiated power is much higher, what they are doing is using more base stations to allow for the shorter range. They are talking about aerials fitted to lamposts and buildings instead of the larger aerials used by 4G and below.
Jim
Dundee Model Boat club

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2019, 01:04:39 pm »

If they keep pumping more and more radiated energy through the troposphere won't we all start to glow and throb ?   %%
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2019, 01:29:10 pm »

Is not the Mayhem Forum departmental to your health !!    8) 8) 8) :} :}

DaveM

• Full Mayhemer
  • Why on earth do I do this?
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2019, 02:04:12 pm »

Is not the Mayhem Forum departmental to your health !!    8) 8) 8) :} :}
'Detrimental', perhaps? Ah, Larry - the curse of predicated spitting!

Did you know that the guy who invented predictive text died last week? His funfair will be next Monkey.  %)

DM

Capt Podge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2019, 02:19:24 pm »

Did you know that the guy who invented predictive text died last week? His funfair will be next Monkey.  %)

DM

{-) {-) {-)

..... brilliant  !

Regards,
Ray.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 23 queries.