Model Boat Mayhem - Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Norman Ough drawings  (Read 413 times)

david5

• Full Mayhemer
Norman Ough drawings
« on: September 09, 2019, 08:54:03 PM »

Hello all
Does anyone have a set of plans for HMS Daring by Norman Ough for purchase or copy ?, itís for a friend in Germany, I used to have a set years ago, but I think I gave them to someone.
Happy to pay costs.
David5

Allnightin

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Norman Ough drawings
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 12:18:47 PM »

If you don't get anyone with the actual plan for sale, there is a reduced size print of it in "The life and ship models of Norman Ough" book by Alastair Roach which would probably enlarge reasonably well.

The Brunel Trust at Bristol has the David Macgregor collection of papers and I'm pretty sure that this plan is included and can be photographed if you make a personal visit but they were not able to make photocopies a while back because the copyright ownership hadn't been resolved.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Norman Ough drawings
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 01:31:27 PM »

The Brunel Trust at Bristol has the David Macgregor collection of papers and I'm pretty sure that this plan is included and can be photographed if you make a personal visit but they were not able to make photocopies a while back because the copyright ownership hadn't been resolved.

Not just that, they don't want to get into the business of supplying drawings as it doesn't fit in with the Trust's objectives. They only have them because they ware part of the larger David MacGregor document collection and could not be separated out which is a shame from our point of view.

Colin
Pages: [1]   Go Up