Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Carson Reflex 14 channel - thoughts please?  (Read 1200 times)

Peter57

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Carson Reflex 14 channel - thoughts please?
« on: September 12, 2019, 04:40:36 am »

Hi All,
I am new on this forum and to model boats. 
I have purchased a pre-owned "Odin" tug as a restoration project. The hull and running gear are intact, but I need to replace all the RC gear and much of the existing wiring. I think it will develop into quite a complex project (for a beginner) as there are a number of ancillaries such as the anchor and towing winches, lights, fire pump etc. to be connected.
I have looked at options for RC gear and the Carson Multi Pro 14 channel seems very good value, and is a lot cheaper than most of the alternative multichannel systems. Looking back at this forum (a fantastic resource for a beginner) I note some comments on this system from 2 or 3 years ago.
Please can anyone comment on the potential suitability of this system?
Many thanks
Peter

Dave Cook

• Cookie
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Keep on Rockin
Re: Carson Reflex 14 channel - thoughts please?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 11:17:03 am »

Peter i bought my Carson about 4 years ago for one of my models that needed 13 channels to operate all the devices in the boat. The radio as 4 std stick controls plus 5 latching switches and 5 none latching switches , it is a full range radio and i have to say i have never had  any issues with it.you can also buy other carson receives with less channels to use in other boats but still use the same radio . i can definitely recommend it and at less than £100 you can't go wrong .
Dave

Peter57

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Carson Reflex 14 channel - thoughts please?
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 11:31:24 am »

Hi Dave,
Many thanks for your reply. It is really helpful to hear from someone with several years experience using the gear.

It will be my choice of system as I progress with the restoration.

Thanks again
Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 22 queries.