Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cycling - touring  (Read 1043 times)

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Cycling - touring
« on: September 15, 2019, 01:12:08 pm »

As a schoolboy I loved cycling. In the last year or so I have gotten back on the bike, but this year taken it up semi seriously. Just riding around, not sport. People said I should stop and save my knees, but actually it has helped my knees a lot. I no longer creak when walking downstairs.
This summer I got an early 60th birthday present, a new bike. A touring bike, the least sporty of bikes. And a few weeks ago, after several months of breaking in my old body, I went on a tour with a friend who is the same age. We are neither of us fit and we are both fat, but adopted the idea that you are never too old, or too fat, to ride a bike; or push it up a mountain for that matter.
Here are some pics of our 3 day adventure.

Day 1
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Cycling
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 01:14:24 pm »

Day 2
Still far from the madding crowds of China.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 01:18:18 pm »

Day 3
Back to the start point. Knackerd, but feeling good. Since returning I have found that my circulation has improved, and my blood oxygen levels have improved.
I had a heart bypass a few years ago, but this fact is not an excuse to stop me. Being overweight causes me knee issues if I go for long walks, but cycling is no problem. As I said before, 'Remember, you are never too fat to ride a bike'.

Jerry C

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 02:20:10 pm »

Got to agree with you. I was in the same condition as you except for the bypass. Took up cycling 9 years ago. Thoroughly enjoy it. Doing my third Étape Australia by Tour de France beginning of December. I’m fit as a fiddle now. Slimmed right down, eat properly and don’t hardly drink anything any more.
Jerry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.