Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Najade Project  (Read 1794 times)

Kevin Sage

• Full Mayhemer
  • JFDI
Najade Project
« on: September 19, 2019, 08:56:42 pm »

I bought myself a second hand Najade on Ebay as a winter project.

I'm just getting back into the hobby so seeking some help to refresh my mind and grow my understanding.

Th motor fitted in the Najade is a Graupner 800, its  beast that's water cooled.  It has no ESC so I was wondering what size ESC the motor would require, I'm assuming 40 Amps but thought I'd seek opinions before I go and buy one.  I had thought about brushless again be interested to hear views from Forum users.

TomHugill

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Najade Project
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 12:13:41 pm »

I've done up a couple of najades, I would go brushless, although being super light a brushed motor will work too. 40A should be sufficient for your needs. Look forward to seeing the build! I've got one in a friends loft which one day might see the water again!

Kevin Sage

• Full Mayhemer
  • JFDI
Re: Najade Project
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 08:00:10 pm »

Thanks Tom
It was wrecked, kept in a chaps Garage and water damaged so anything that was white was a shade of off yellow and the wooden floor on the flybridge was shot.  There are no guard rails etc so I took a can of spray or two to it and now have to clear it up.

Brushless still remains an option, I'll grab a 40Amp ESC and give her a run out on a local pond to see how she goes.  Then I'll go back to the drawing board and see about brushless.

Cheers

Kevin

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.