Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Southern-Lady" Australian Tuna & Fish trawler  (Read 17666 times)

B.B

• B.B
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: "Southern-Lady" Australian Tuna & Fish trawler
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2019, 02:51:26 am »

Hi guys thanks for all the comments ,I have a question ?? how do I attach a video clip on here ????? :embarrassed: .
Brian  B

B.B

• B.B
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2019, 11:33:16 pm »

Hi there, this is sort of related to the build ? with a few of my builds being on the semi large and heavy side ( well they seem to be getting heavier every time I go to move one of them ??), so with using the trolley I made a few yrs ago, it takes 2 people to lift the model and trolly together in and out of the car, other wise a slow process of placing them in one at a time, and you can't expect people to help lift your heavy gear all the time, so decided to make up a collapsible ramp ( preferably one that doesn't collapse while using  O0 ) worked out cheaper to make the bulk of it from Tassy oak instead of the easy way of buying Alloy ramps (plus they are bulkier), Like most of these jobs it takes longer to work out how to go about it than to actually knock it up, so just using 4 small s.s bolts with wing nuts welded on their heads, they bolt the centre frame into the nuts that are slotted into the side of the main ramps. But but but I did have a flaw in its design, I didn't make the centre track long enough, it was okay when linning up the trolly and lifting its nose up onto the centre runner ,but got caught twice when lowering it back down the ramp forgetting to hold the front it would dropped hard onto the ground , so had to scarf a longer runner base in and sides (as in photo) , also another improvement was taking the fixed ply base on the trolley off and replacing with a base with brass and copper rollers , so now all I have to do is sit the models nose just on the base and she rolls forward easy as , no loss of paint on her keel...Cheers  :-))
Brian  B

Dreadnought

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2019, 12:07:12 pm »

That's really good!  :-)) :-)) 

Mark T

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2019, 02:20:45 pm »

Thats a good idea - david48 built something similar after he had completed his Fairmount Alpine build. Makes life a lot easier with biggish builds

B.B

• B.B
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2019, 02:02:04 am »

Hi Mark T,  that's the only problem ,its nice to build larger models but the weight gets you when you start to move them around or trying to bend over putting them in the water or retrieving them, have 4 that are on the larger heavy side especially when ballasted so this will save the back strain, started on a 60.5 inch model ,the partly made frames are still on the bench as have been busy with digging out under the house making a Dungeon ,well workshop, so model building on the slow side now......With the photo's on my second run with her stripped the (so called heavy coupling) chewed the alloy off the steel thread, Martin Whitehead replaced this for me with a brass end , as the other end was nice and firm so we didn't worry about changing it  :o , big mistake the next model day stripped the other alloy section ,and with an off shore breeze had to take a swim to rescue her, so  Martin replaced the other end and finally got to test her out yesterday at the model morning , she run sweet as ,,,still playing around here trying to work out how to put a video clip up ??? :-))
Brian  B

missyd

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2020, 07:34:41 pm »

FANTASTIC Model!!!! I just love your woodwork! Your skills are just phenomenal!!!! :-)) :-)) :-))
Cheers
Danielle

All lost pictures of the N. Loredana ---> visit the following link:
https://nuovaloredana.imgur.com/all/
All pictures can be found on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/fvcorneliamarie
https://www.facebook.com/MpNuovaLoredana/

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2020, 03:00:14 pm »

Amen to that Danielle.

As for relevance, I reckon that if it benefits the model boater in his hobby then it is relevant. Obviously some posts can divert from the core subject such as too many puns etc, but I do not see the design and build of a ramp to help you load your models being irrelevant Brian  :-)

Sometimes a topic will divert from, say: The colours of WW1 camouflage to the recipes and chemicals used. This is technically off topic, but is in context and gets you in the 'zone'.

Not sure about toad in the holes though  :}
Pond weed is your enemy

missyd

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2020, 08:15:50 pm »

I also like your cart and ramps. I think about building something similar. Would be nice to load/unload/get it in water the model without getting all the ballast out. I have a T6 Volkwagen Van with loads of space. %)
Cheers
Danielle

All lost pictures of the N. Loredana ---> visit the following link:
https://nuovaloredana.imgur.com/all/
All pictures can be found on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/fvcorneliamarie
https://www.facebook.com/MpNuovaLoredana/

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2020, 10:43:09 pm »

Cor, lucky! My little car demands I think about making hulls in two parts or restricting my builds to stumpy warships.

Mind you, I could look at replacing my old motor.
Pond weed is your enemy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.