Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AirBnB ?  (Read 1084 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
AirBnB ?
« on: September 28, 2019, 05:02:49 pm »

Any Mayhemers used AirBnB?

Any advice.... warnings?   {:-{
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Mark T

• Full Mayhemer
Re: AirBnB ?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 05:25:42 pm »

Our Daughter has used it a few times for work when she has been away for a week or so rather than staying at a hotel.  She's had good and bad experiences using AirBnB - the bad one's being dirty homes and the good one's being quite amazing places.

On the whole though she says that's it OK and she treats it like going home on a Monday.  So she makes sure she's done the shopping so that she can cook her dinner etc and takes cleaning bits and pieces too.

She prefers AirBnB to single hotel life as she's got a place of her own in a different town.  So there's no sitting in the restaurant in the morning for her breakfast like billy no mates in her work gear.  She can please herself and come and go as she pleases.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 05:35:59 pm »

Not used it myself (and wouldn't) although it obviously suits a lot of people or it wouldn't be so popular.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.airbnb.com

Essential to do your homework on the place you are thinking of visiting and get independent reviews. In a lot of places the Airnb lets contravene local letting regulations and authorities are cracking down on these as it upsets the neighbourhood!

Basically it seems like you simply have to take pot luck!

Colin

Andyn

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2019, 07:46:00 pm »

I see no reason to actually stay at an hotel anymore...
Why pay a great deal more for a single room with very little in the way of amenities, when you can rent an entire flat or house for less? Sure people have had negative experiences, but who hasn't had a negative experience in a hotel?
Read the reviews before you book and you're golden

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
  • I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2019, 08:44:31 pm »

Used them in USA, UK & Europe - brill!

Just like most things do your research - look for and read detail in recent reviews etc

C-3PO

I think it's the way I have learnt most of my stuff - getting very stuck first...

RST

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2019, 08:54:02 pm »

I object to airnBnb. My neighbour appears to have turfed his residents out and runs the flat exclusively as airBNb BN (nobody resident). So we can't find out whether he's declared as a business (no declaration to the council), whether he should pay enhanced rates for insurance for my block. It's not fair on rest of us in the block as "residents" while this guy rents out Dy by day or week at a time.

....meanwhile 2k away we have 3,000 homes going in, bulldozed natural land because there's apparently not enough places to live!

RST

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2019, 08:55:50 pm »

I wouldn't touch air BnB with a bargepole myself!

Liverbudgie2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2019, 11:42:26 pm »

My sister has an Airbnb as does my nephew in Newquay and while most of their clients are good, it’s the ones who don’t obey the rules such as sneaking dogs into the property, when it clearly states that dogs are not allowed, and who then proceed to foul all over the place. So it cuts both ways.

LB
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.