Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New transmitter  (Read 3490 times)

mk1

• Full Mayhemer
New transmitter
« on: October 05, 2019, 06:30:31 am »

Hi I am looking to buy a 8 channel R/C transmitter to use on a model boat. I would like one that you do not have to program as I am not very good at that kind of thing Not too expensive. I would like the thoughts of members on her on what is out there and any problems etc with some of them. Thanks  MK1 [John]

klz

• Full Mayhemer
Re: New transmitter
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 08:42:01 am »

I would go with one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flysky-Transmitter-Receiver-Quadcopter-Throttle/dp/B077JSTM69/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_21_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=0MC1YC6STXBA8TG6DB85 very easy to use the most confusing thing about this radio is saving the settings you have to hold cancel down for about 5 seconds.

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 08:55:54 am »

Good choice with 10 channels and plenty of user guides on you tube  :-))
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

unbuiltnautilus

• Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 09:30:30 am »

https://howesmodels.co.uk/product/radio-link-digital-2-4ghz-t8fb-8-channel-radio-system-with-s-bus-mode-2/

Don't worry about the Android app claptrap, out of the box it has eight channels, with the first four equipped with servo reverse. Spring return conversion included in the set for the ratchet throttle, which is easier to fit than the Flysky one ( done both! ). Two more proportional channels on the left and right top corners, plus a three position and two position switch for the last two channels.
The app gives access to all the extra adjustments that are really useful on 3D aircraft and helis, but we can usually cope without them on boats..
Listen politely, nod approvingly, then do what you want, works for me!

CaptainJoshie

• Full Mayhemer
  • I’d rather be Boating
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 09:54:10 am »

Hi John

Having got back to the hobby after many years doing full sized boating my old 27Mhz radio gear was dead, so I've been down this road over the passed couple of months.

I first tried an Absima 3Ch set, this went back as the throttle channel was very jittery. Next I tried a Radiolink T8FB 8Ch set, this worked OK, good value and very very good/fast technical support from both the UK importers and the manufacturers. I would have stuck with this except that it turned out to be supporting Android or Windows to set it up, I've invested heavily in Apple so it went back!

I have now settled on the Flysky FS-I6X at £36.57 off eBay, which in spite of its name is 10 Channels! Any programming is done on the transmitter, though if your using it with just one simple model you could just use it out of the box!

But if you have several models, I have four at the moment, you can tweek the setting for a model then save them under its name. Then setup another, save under a different name and recall each when needed. I've done this so far for my Duplex 575 Yacht, small tug, Modified NDQ Atlantic fast sport boat, so when at the boating lake I just recall, couple of button presses, the model name and off we go :-) .

The other thing about the Flysky is the cost, truly amazing value. The receivers are so cheap you can buy one for each model!

Help on YouTube is great, go check some of them out before you buy, you'll learn lots.

Just my views but I was after a cost effective solution, if money was no object I would have stuck to Futaba but just couldn't justify the extra cost.

Good boating.

John.

old man

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 05:20:07 pm »

Good choice with 10 channels and plenty of user guides on you tube  :-))

Absolutely, ignore the instructions and ask on here?  {-)
Not sinking just yet but control is problematic.

No smoke or grinding is a bonus!

Peter57

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2020, 04:25:08 pm »

Hello,

A follow up question please, as I am looking to shift from 40MHz systems to 2.4GHz for a new model. Ideally, I would stick with 40MHz using my current transmitters, but it is getting difficult to find a 6 or 8 channel receiver at a reasonable price.

Does anyone have experience of the Futaba T6L Sport transmitter please, and any thoughts on how it compares with the Radiolink and Flysky systems discussed in this thread?

Many thanks
Peter

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
  • I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2020, 04:44:08 pm »

Hello Peter,

For similar money have a look at FrSky TARANIS X9 Lite Transmitter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwpGr4YzBoA

C-3PO
I think it's the way I have learnt most of my stuff - getting very stuck first...

unbuiltnautilus

• Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2020, 07:28:25 pm »

Hello,

A follow up question please, as I am looking to shift from 40MHz systems to 2.4GHz for a new model. Ideally, I would stick with 40MHz using my current transmitters, but it is getting difficult to find a 6 or 8 channel receiver at a reasonable price.

Does anyone have experience of the Futaba T6L Sport transmitter please, and any thoughts on how it compares with the Radiolink and Flysky systems discussed in this thread?

Many thanks
Peter

Six channels, some very basic v-tail mix options via dip switches. Futaba brand quality. Does the job. Compared to Radiolink TF8, similar price but shy two channels in comparison. I have no practical experience of Flysky apart from having to almost dismantle one of the sticks to add a second spring return option!
Listen politely, nod approvingly, then do what you want, works for me!

Peter57

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2020, 10:15:17 am »

Many thanks for the advice and comments.

Regards
Peter

graze

• Shipmate
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2020, 06:26:18 pm »

does your radio have a plug in bay? if it does you could always just get a module for your exsisting transmitter such as https://www.rclife.co.uk/Frsky/Frsky-Modules/Frsky-XJT that way you could have the best of both worlds.

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2020, 06:45:18 pm »

Hi peter I think my PM is a repeat.Roy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries.