Model Boat Mayhem - Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vic Smeed Suzie Q  (Read 284 times)

zooma

• Full Mayhemer
  • Never too old to learn !
Vic Smeed Suzie Q
« on: October 12, 2019, 10:24:11 AM »

When I built my Remora from the free Model Maker December 1964 plan I also built a Suzie Q a few months later when this plan was featured in a later magazine issue, and the plan was not free - it cost the princely sum of five shillings and sixpence!

I still have this plan and intend replacing the model that I had to part with (along with my Remora) when work demanded that my young family and I made the move up north and we had to leave a lot of things behind in Devon !

Both models have been missed for at least 40 years now, and so I am well overdue to replace them with this winters building project!

The Remora had an OS marine engine for power, and the Suzie Q had an Enya marine engine, but both of the new build will be electric powered (a sign of the times !).

If anyone has a Suzie Q (or Remora) that is giving a good performance with brushless motor/LiPo combination I would be interested to hear from them as I am not sure what sort of motor size would work best in either model.

Lastly, if anyone knows of a glass fibre hull for a Suzie Q (or a Remora), I would like to hear from them as it would save some building time and get me back on the water with these two classic models form Vic Smeed a little sooner!

Bow Wake

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Vic Smeed Suzie Q
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 06:21:46 PM »

Check out this Video.
Seems to have a good turn of speed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epBo6uu9avw
There's a link to the kit with some build pictures including hardware layout.

zooma

• Full Mayhemer
  • Never too old to learn !
Re: Vic Smeed Suzie Q
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 10:30:51 PM »

Check out this Video.
Seems to have a good turn of speed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epBo6uu9avw
There's a link to the kit with some build pictures including hardware layout.

Thanks Shipmate - I will take a look!
Pages: [1]   Go Up