Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange radio/electronics issue  (Read 4117 times)

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
  • I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me
Re: Strange radio/electronics issue
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2019, 02:42:11 pm »

DM

I agree that the Planet TX range is built to a price but it's internals are a lot more respectable than some I have seen.

The main system is microprocessor controlled (Atmel family by Microchip – same as your favourite bottle of wine “Arduino” ) it has a separate RF board that uses an industry standard RF chip - even if some of the soldering is a bit iffy :)

The peripherals may be a bit "nasty" and I guess that could be the weak link (sticks/trim tabs/ switches)

C-3PO
I think it's the way I have learnt most of my stuff - getting very stuck first...

DaveM

• Full Mayhemer
  • Why on earth do I do this?
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2019, 04:47:03 pm »

I agree that the Planet TX range is built to a price but it's internals are a lot more respectable than some I have seen.
C-3PO
Indeed they are. Some of the offerings from ROC are not even up to Cheapo Toy standard, but there's me up on my soapbox again!
DM

ivorthediver

• Ivor the Diver
  • Full Mayhemer
  • What ever Floats YOUR boat
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2019, 08:02:50 pm »

Well just to confuse the system more , I had an issue similar to the one described and sent my  Spektrum 6E TX into Hobbycraft ? in Harlow and they exchanged the pot [ left hand stick which is my throttle ] free of charge and cured the issue ....so very happy .
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 22 queries.