Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: dremel chuck  (Read 4374 times)

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: dremel chuck
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2019, 02:08:57 pm »

Just oredered a couple to see if they are any better than the poor (my opinion) dremmel provided chucks...

HI Pete so you have had probs with Dremel chucks as well as me I thought it was just my luck when you get your chucks could you tell me if they are any good please ?
chris

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2019, 02:11:56 pm »

It's odd, at work we have about 15-20 Dremels that are quite a few years old, mainly 8200's, all with the Dremel official drill style chuck on them, no issues at all and these things get ABUSED. Recently we ordered four new 8220's for new starters, along with the chucks to go with them. Two of them would not fit at all, even on existing 8200's. Seems their manufacturing has changed.

Having said that, if you've managed to break one of the old style chucks then I don't know what to tell you...

HI Andy no ive not managed to break the chuck as all 3 of them never worked in the first place jaws were jammed I even tried a little wd 40 in them but no go
chris

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2019, 09:15:07 am »

Just oredered a couple to see if they are any better than the poor (my opinion) dremmel provided chucks...

HI Pete have you by any chance got your new chucks yet ? an if you have do they work ok ?
chris

Pete C

• Full Mayhemer
  • start small think big
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2019, 11:34:44 am »

Well Ordered the chucks from ebay and it turns out that most on ebay are 7mmx.075 thread (WRONG TYPE ) which I bought.
The correct thread for my dremel and Parkside rotary tools after checking with dremel are 8mm x .075 thread.

Most of the keyless chucks that are listed on ebay are 7mm x.075 thread ...  which is what I purchase (x3) but I somehow got 1 correct chuck in the 3 I orderd
A fluke ! so I have 2 chucks with the 7mm thread and 1 chuck with 8mm thread (the correct one).

So if you people got to ebay like most of us do double check your ordering the 8mmx.075 thread or like me you will end up with a few duff chucks that I have now idea what tool they will fit...

I have noticed on ebay that if you search for 8mm  keyless chuck in rotary tools most the pop up cheap are the short type... so I will now order two short type and two  long type (slightly more chas folks) in the correct thread (8mm x.075mm -- confirmed by dremel)

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2019, 02:10:10 pm »

HI Pete many thanks for the info an the pm 's an I have now got to buy a new Dremel as my old one died yesterday >>:-( <*< so im gonna have a good look round an for a chuck that will fit it so far if I buy one tomorrow when im in Norwich it will be no.6 
chris

Mark T

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2019, 02:19:00 pm »

Pop into B&Q they keep dremels in stock including spare chucks and all of the accessories

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2019, 03:24:07 pm »

Pop into B&Q they keep dremels in stock including spare chucks and all of the accessories

HI Mark that's what I did this morn an I bought a new Dremel 3000 multi speed an I actualy managed to buy a chuck that fitted the new Dremel an this one works the jaws open an close nicely  :-)) im amazed 
chris
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 22 queries.