Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Elgin today  (Read 1219 times)

sabre

• Full Mayhemer
Elgin today
« on: November 03, 2019, 12:58:56 pm »

Took a trip to Elgin this morning to their Modelfair exhibition which is run by Elgin model railway club.   There's a bit of everything ranging from the ubiquitous  oo gauge to large scale flying stuff but these stood out from the crowd , well for me anyway.  The lad who made the fishing boats had spent many years at sea on similar vessels and I found his tales very interesting. 
The fishing boats were made from old wooden venetian blinds, the off shore supply boat in the background was built with matchsticks by somebody else.   The dioramas used 1/35 models except the one with the two sojers which are around six inches tall.

RST

Re: Elgin today
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 07:40:31 pm »

I was there on Sunday afternoon, spent a while chatting to some of the Pentland club guys. Didn't spend long though as other things to do. Thought it was quite a good show this year. I backed away from n gauge 2 years ago because of prices but this year the stalls were full of mostly not rediculous offerings.  Having spent 80 on headlight bulbs in Halfords next door before entering, I had to hold back this time.

sabre

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 10:59:41 pm »

Twas around midday when I was there and missed the bit that was upstairs.   Must confess to having a liking for model rail and still have a few bits from fifty years ago although it's in a box at the moment but once the present project is a little further on the workbench will be cleared.

RST

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 08:32:30 pm »

I think this was a good fair this year, more interesting than previous.  Also, the guy modelling the big warships upstairs was quite superb!

Rich
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 22 queries.