Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1/8 Scale Nitro Hydros  (Read 2922 times)

Tombsy

• Full Mayhemer
1/8 Scale Nitro Hydros
« on: November 06, 2019, 04:21:55 pm »

My pride and joy Squire Shop might be done for. During some post season testing with a new fuel tank, I hit some debris when I was coming around the end of the course that kicked up the rudder and it slammed into the rocky shoreline at 50+mph before I could get it shut down. It pretty much destroyed the left sponson on the 30 year old scratch built boat. It will take quite a bit to rebuild her so it's going on the shelf for awhile, I can hardly bare to look at it right now.  had picked up another hull, the U-2 Miss U.S. that I am working on getting going for next season, I finished the radio box today and now pretty much just have to design the fuel tanks for it now. I still have two electric scales ready for paint that will be keeping me busy over the winter as well.

Brian

Tombsy

• Full Mayhemer
Re: 1/8 Scale Nitro Hydros
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 03:57:49 pm »

I received a set of custom made ss nitro tanks made to fit the narrow hatch opening and angle of the nose. I had to go with saddle tanks to carry enough fuel and still fit in the hatch. The tanks have internal sumps and are pressurized by the tuned pipe. They are some really nice work.
Brian

phillnjack3

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: 1/8 Scale Nitro Hydros
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 04:25:13 pm »

Need more pics of this boat and its tanks...
i would like to see that smashed boat rebuilt...
i thuink these boats look far better on the cabinets in front rooms than they do on the water.
you dont see much detai lat al lwhen they are flying around, and yet there is a lot moreto these
than you might first think...

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.