Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Was ist das?"  (Read 1470 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
"Was ist das?"
« on: November 11, 2019, 09:51:43 pm »

Paul Allen asked me to asked me, to you splendid chaps;

'Does anyone know anything about this controller board, particular how to use it or for the instructions please'.

Kent Control Ltd - Sheerness            PICswitch 5

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
Re: "Was ist das?"
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 10:02:16 pm »

Know very little about black steam Martin, however one wonders why have the reference code numbers for the IC's been scratched out?...

Don't these little black boxes with many legs tell the other things what to do?
This defacing of the numbers in itself defies logic >>:-(
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

tr7v8

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 11:06:22 pm »

Know very little about black steam Martin, however one wonders why have the reference code numbers for the IC's been scratched out?...

Don't these little black boxes with many legs tell the other things what to do?
This defacing of the numbers in itself defies logic >>:-(
They are ICs Integrated Circuits. Scratched out to make it harder to copy the circuit.Worth talking to the manufacturers about it.
Jim

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 12:07:53 am »

My thought looking at the picture is that you plug the small plug into a receiver , the main one into a battery and then when you flick that control channel on the transmitter it will turn one of the channels on, do it again and another comes on, plug it into a low voltage batter and see what happens.   8)

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
  • I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 08:11:10 am »

I would think TheLongBuild has described how it works accurately.

The 2 chips are:
IC1 is an 18 pin PIC chip - this is the brains of the board that is connected to the single channel radio control receiver input signal. It will continually analyse the RC receiver pin it is connected to to see what the "state" is - (probably Full / Zero stick but could be Full/Mid/Zero Stick). It sets it's digital, very low current output pins high or low to switch the transistors on and off in IC2 (Darlington Array)

IC2 is a seven channel Darlington Array - this uses the very low current logic pins (on/off) from IC1 to switch a much higher current that is used to energise the relay coils.

Note the 2 screw connectors for each relay are a seperate circuit to the power for the PICswitcher board, and are isolated from any of the electronics on the board.

You insert the relay connections into the circuit you wish to control (switch) and according to the specification printed on top of the relay you can switch upto 110vac or 24vDC at 3 amps. As you have 5 relays on board you can switch 5 separate circuits all at different voltages so long as you remain within the relay operating specification.

The black slide switch ("setup / operate") is likely to allow you to set/calibrate the radio control transmitter stick positions most likely just for the OFF state. Off state =(zero stick or maybe neutral (half/mid stick). Remember to return the switch to the "operate" position once calibrated

As TheLongBuild has described each time you "flick" the stick corresponding to the receiver channel you are connected to the next PICswitcher 5 relay will be energised/de-energised, a little experimentation will be required in the absence of operating instructions but the PICswitch 5 will operate pretty much as described.

C-3PO

I think it's the way I have learnt most of my stuff - getting very stuck first...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.