Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pilot 40 sarik hobbies  (Read 1653 times)

Pete C

• Full Mayhemer
  • start small think big
Pilot 40 sarik hobbies
« on: November 22, 2019, 04:14:51 pm »

Well Just bought 2 of these from Sarik hobbies, so will see how the build goes, ots of styrene work ....
any build advice and pointers welcome

RST

Re: Pilot 40 sarik hobbies
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 06:42:13 pm »

Interested how you get on. There's build info and pics back to the original article on Google. 2 were pictured by someone here on the new carrier sea trials entering harbour.

I have a hull but made a bad start so far. Also I thought I bought 555 motors but think they might be the rubbish 550's in the end. Unfortunately for the original designer, pics of the plans are on-line enough to make a start and check allot of crude dimensions. Personally I think the hull is out at the transom. Think my moulding is "v" shaped when it should be curved across the beam?  I have a feeling the beam is out a bit also, but that could be usual "spring back" after vac moulding.

Not sure if that helps,

Rich

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 07:39:27 pm »

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Pete C

• Full Mayhemer
  • start small think big
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 08:44:00 pm »

Yes I think the vacformed hull is off a bit and also it looks the master has had a repair done and not faired up very well, so we'll see how it goes.
Im installing a couple of brushless motors in 1000kk I think.
I have the shafts made now and the rudders are ready, will need a good think about the keel as with the plug bing out a bit I'll have to play most of it by eye.
willl post pictures once I have the keel in and propshafts.
My son now has the second hull and I think he is useing it to freelance a model pilot he likes so I dont think the errors will be too bad for him to deal with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.