Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Model making on youtube  (Read 4629 times)

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
Re: Model making on youtube
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2019, 02:50:44 pm »

A huge number of the feeds I watch disappeared this morning - be interesting to see if they were banned or just temporarily suspended.    Time will tell.

Youtube now want me to watch dog videos and Australian Sky News for some reason.

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
Re: Model making on youtube
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2019, 06:26:04 pm »

It's Europe as well. For those uninitiated with Youtube EU. They passed laws several years ago that come into force in 2020 banning the use of any copyrighted material- now thats a broad pen stroke. For instance( I play guitar as well ) guitarist and other music channels have been told to take down and stop posting tutorials on how to play artist/band songs. For instance take SMoke on the Water a very famous rock track, every kid learns it. But any channel showing how to play the chords to it has to be taken down.
Only two day ago I saw on a car repair channel the guy was talking about him being warned by Youtube over featuring a particular car make in a garage tutorial on how to change a brake caliper. Youtube are just cutting their own throats, if everything that is even remotely copyrighted it taken off, there won't be a Youtube. Or maybe thats what the lawmakers want.

Oh yeah, I'm back as well after a 1 year hiatus :-))
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 22 queries.