Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photo Impression 6  (Read 3610 times)

Tom@Crewe

• Full Mayhemer
Photo Impression 6
« on: October 03, 2007, 09:45:44 am »

I got this programme with the Scanner. Its a Photo slideshow maker. I have used Microsoft Movie Maker but that seems to loose photo clarity when played full screen

I find that Photo Impression is very good crisp easy and good results...BUT

Does anyone know how to put a completed slideshow on CD or DVD to then play on DVD players?

bigfella

Re: Photo Impression 6
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 11:38:22 am »

Hi Tom

I was going to ask that same question. I have taken about 300 odd photos on holiday in Canberra using my digital camera and want to show my parents and they don't have a computer  but they do have a DVD player and printing 300 photos will cost to much. I tried to put them on CD and thought that would play on the DVD, but no.

Regards David

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 11:50:35 am »

I stand to be corrected but I don't think you can copy a slide show to a CD or DVD. The slideshow software is what controls the time of each slide and any fades you might want and this is designed to run on a PC. A DVD player would probably not have the processor to run the software. If this was possible I suspect the program help/manual would cover it.

Some DVD players will run photo CDs but tend to be the later ones. My player will play a CD/DVD slide show but it was only purchased in the last 12 months. You also have to be aware that not all players will play all writable/rewritable formats. I'm afraid it's a question of reading the manual.

HTH

Doug
Don't Assume Check

Tom@Crewe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 12:10:39 pm »

Dougal

I was thinking more of creating the slideshow which I can do, then recording it to DVD as a home made
movie, so the player will play it as a movie, but don't know how to do that last stage with the impression softwear

anmo

• Full Mayhemer
  • That's unpossible!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 12:20:04 pm »

I stand to be corrected but I don't think you can copy a slide show to a CD or DVD. The slideshow software is what controls the time of each slide and any fades you might want and this is designed to run on a PC. A DVD player would probably not have the processor to run the software. If this was possible I suspect the program help/manual would cover it.

Some DVD players will run photo CDs but tend to be the later ones. My player will play a CD/DVD slide show but it was only purchased in the last 12 months. You also have to be aware that not all players will play all writable/rewritable formats. I'm afraid it's a question of reading the manual.

HTH

Doug

I've had no problems at all copying digital photos to CD to play on my Sony DVD player, I can also do them as a slideshow if required. I'm no expert and it all worked first time, but maybe I was lucky, or maybe as dougal suggests, it all depends on compatibility between the equipment involved. The Sony player isn't new, it must be about 3 years old.
caution, may contain traces of nuts .....

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 12:32:21 pm »

I think you need Arcsoft DVD Slideshow - http://www.arcsoft.com/products/dvdslideshow/index.asp
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 01:38:31 pm »

A lot depends on the DVD player.  Mine is quite happy with the pictures just stored as .jpg files, showing them as a slideshow.  OK for viewing, but if you want to add commentary and control then you are going to want proper software, and hardware that can handle rendering within a sensible timescale.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 02:35:25 pm »

You should be able to add a slide show (prepared in another program) to a VCD or DVD using the software that came with your DVD writer on the PC. I use Sonic, but it depends on what was supplied with the device - Nero is often provided and that can do the same. The cut-down versions of these progs can't create a slide show, but can normally write them to disc.

Barrie

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 07:48:21 pm »

Dougal

I was thinking more of creating the slideshow which I can do, then recording it to DVD as a home made
movie, so the player will play it as a movie, but don't know how to do that last stage with the impression softwear
Don't Assume Check

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 08:18:31 pm »

hang on, if a slide show cant be done in a CD-rom, what do you get when you take a memo card to a photo processors and have them put the pics on a disc for you? 
Go Nuclear!  you'll love it

Roger in France

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007, 07:53:22 am »

I asked a similar question several weeks ago and Mayhem Martin suggested using "Powertoys for Windows XP". I have had no problem making a slide show and burning it to a CD, which then plays well on a PC but it will not burn onto a DVD (just says that the DVD is not writable).

However, I have just bought a top flight Sony DVD record & play which has both a Pict Bridge and USB direct connection. The only problem is that when I got it home and opened the box (which had multilingual blurb upon it) the manual is entirely French. My French is reasonable and there are many diagrams but with such a sophisticated and expensive machine (490€) I will await the English manual my retailer is getting for me. (I have not yet searched the Sony Internet site to see if the manual is there in English).

Roger in France.

Tom@Crewe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2007, 07:56:59 am »

Ghost please read original question you just missed the point completely

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2007, 12:02:31 pm »

Well my last post must have been a doozie for the system has completely stripped out my input but left the quote  :o

Tom I took a peek at the software web site. The latest version is 6.5 which claims to be able to save video files to CD/DVD without using other software. They do a cut down freebie version which may be the same as you got with the scanner - just a guess?

Other possibility is that the software doesn't consider a slide show as video and doesn't offer the choice to write to disc.

I have noted, after playing around, that although my DVD player will allow a slide show from photos on a CD it does not show them in the order they appear in the directory listing.  :'(

Cheers

Doug
Don't Assume Check

Tom@Crewe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2007, 03:33:10 pm »

Got it sorted, not in the way I thought.

I always had trouble with Microsoft Movie Makers settings, which I now know how to solve. then saved it to the computer then used Nero to burn to DVD.

Did a test show, it plays on DVD player and in computer plays to Media player, music, title, pictures, video and all. So Photo Impression is now defunct (till I want to try something else)

a big THANK YOU to all that gave advice and help

boater

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2007, 05:40:20 pm »

I solved this problem by using a program called "Pictures to Exe" from "wnsoft". This contains a video builder that ensures it will play on a domestic DVD Player.
 The program can be downloaded from wnsoft.com. You need the Deluxe version. It's not very expensive  but it is easy to use and if you have many slides it gets addictive.
It would seem that domestic players need slide shows in a different format to computer DVDs.

Ken

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 22 queries.