Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Workshop / Shed Suppliers  (Read 5921 times)

RST

Re: Workshop / Shed Suppliers
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2019, 07:55:40 pm »

Have you tried the local guys at Evanton and Beauly? They're good quality -lead times though. They're popular so lead times for anything custom are a bit daft.

Rich

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2019, 12:54:39 am »

You must fit a small consumer unit for the electrics, not sure on new regs for this.

Yes...I fitted one to my shed. Piece of mind and all that. One breaker for lighting, two for power (I have two adjacent sheds).

But before you do any shed work, buy (and bury) suitable armoured cable, running it to where you'll need it. Mine's under a patch of monoblock, and a 6" slab of concrete that my shed was built on. I doubt I'll be seeing it again anytime soon.

Andy
Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia

SJG001

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2019, 09:42:09 am »

Have you tried the local guys at Evanton and Beauly? They're good quality -lead times though. They're popular so lead times for anything custom are a bit daft.

Rich

Both - Fette supplied my last shed - Novar have supplied in the past - just not seeing what I need.

modboat

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2019, 10:48:11 am »

Look at

shiregb.com

This will give a guide to what is avail, one thing to note. With all major manufacturers they supply Argos Sainsbury's etc cheap sheds, as well as more expensive buildings for quality, don't buy a cheaper version expecting it to be of the quality standard.

They do nice quality buildings as well, but as wood is a natural product has to be readjusted on assembly and persuaded just like building a wooden model really.

Take care on assembly but these are available in 2" x 2" frame or bigger and shiplap and log effect, good range for the price.

I found in the past I would build a new workshop and it all looks nice and clean, and I could not wait to get started on the building of boats.
But I just could not get going, as it takes about six months to settle in, bit like moving house it takes a few months to get things placed.
IE: Boats on racks, dust extractor under bench, wife in kitchen making cups of tea. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! L.O.L

SJG001

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2019, 10:17:12 pm »

david48

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2019, 03:30:42 am »

The log shed I bought was a DIY build ,the instructions said in big red capitals ,if you think you Need to cut to make it fit do not cut you have something out of level  THY WERE RIGHT. Also if you go down the log  build route you have not to fix anything across the logs if you do it pulls out of shape with expansion  and contraction my shed over a season moves 10.5mm  .
David
Two heads are better than one sheep head  as my old plant manager used to say

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2019, 08:48:16 am »

Gents, please remember if you are intending to add an electrical
Supply to your shed it should be done by a competent person or you will
Find your house insurance becomes null and void.  :((

RMH

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2019, 01:07:47 pm »

Thanks for all the advice given especially DaveM regarding the log cabins. It has definitely given me food for thought for the New Year
Richie
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.